Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - clutch stuck / rusted to flywheel or output shaft..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matt_o_70
So the first week of july I cut the bottom of my foot real bad and have been un able to drive a standard since - I just attempted to drive the 914 and the clutch disk is stuck engaged. I have tried to bump it loose by starting it in gear and hitting the brakes etc with clutch in . No luck yet. It is quite stuck

Anyone else ever have this happen - how did you get it unstuck?

The PO had this problem when storing the car for winter so he parked it with a stick against the clucth to keep it slightly disengaged.

looking for some suggestions.
GWN7
never heard of this before....brakes yes (had to buy a big puller to get them apart) but never a clutch sticking that bad.....
mihai914
It happend to me a couple of years back, I tried the starting in gear thing and nothing. I ended up pulling the transmission and lightly sanding the clutch assembly. What I found was a very light coat of surface rust that was enough to bond everything together.

Did you tighten the clutch cable? It may have stretched.
jd74914
I've seen this . . . the solution on my car was that I had to drop the engine and pull everything apart with the engine and tranny split.
mihai914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Aug 7 2006, 09:57 AM) *

I've seen this . . . the solution on my car was that I had to drop the engine and pull everything apart with the engine and tranny split.

There is enough flex in the motor mounts to drop the transmission only by itself, you do need to support the motor at the rear lower "bump" in the case near the flywheel.

I think someone did a write-up on dropping the transmission only.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.