Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bigbohr
Hi everybody! I am new to this BB and to 914's. I have posted already a couple of times but I haven't introduced myself yet. Since I now got a couple of pics of my 914 it seemed like a good time to do so. I'll try to attach a shot to this message.

My profession is drilling oil and gas wells ... so you guys and galls can keep racing around in your cars. I don't drill wells myself, as a drilling engineer I plan wells and then we hire contractors to execute. I've had a pretty much unstable life since I left college 8 years ago, i.e., my travelling bag is my home. Looks now that I'm gonne be here in Houston for a while so it seemed time to get to my passion: cars! So I bought myself a 1973 914. I liked the midengine design, direct driver-car interaction and I love the look of it - sooo incredibly 70's. The PO told me it's a 2 liter but the engine code is of a 1.7 and it doesn't have 3 stud headers. All information I got from this website. It's just amazing how much information is on this website and how helpful all you (very knowledgeable) guys are. All right, that's enough compliments ... laugh.gif

My goal is to make a 6 or a V8 conversion. Errr ... yes I like acceleration. Untill now I've been riding sportsbikes but I think I'm getting a bit old for that crap. Before I had a headache from drinking beer but now it's from dehydration after wearing leathers for a couple of hours (Houston = HOOOOOOOT). And I got married so I have to behave more responsibly wub.gif

For the moment I'm gathering info to see what the options are, where to buy stuff and how much things cost, etc etc. My first choice was to put in a 6 since being eurotrash I love everything that has Porsche on it but we'll see ...

I'll probably be posting questions ... some will be stupid so in advance my apologies for that. Hopefully I'll alse be able to meet up with some other 914 owners. Next month there will be a swap meet here in Houston so that will be a start.

Johan
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the board Johan. Post all your dumb questions and we'll give you all our dumb answeres.

Sweet ride. Red is best
TheCabinetmaker
or is that orange?
Bigbohr
By the way, does anyone have an idea what those wheels are? (see pic above) I haven't seen them on any other 914.
Johan
Bigbohr
Yes, that's orange ... are you saying my camera is bad? wink.gif
rhodyguy
your car looks nice. interesting wheels. smilie_pokal.gif aside from the heads your internals may be assembled to 2.0 specs. you need a sticker or two.

kevin
Bigbohr
Kevin, if that were true that would be the best outcome. However, how do I find out ... without throwing the engine apart?
Johan
Bleyseng
Just alittle off color.........
TheCabinetmaker
Ah yes, that's orange. Signal orange?
rhodyguy
got any reciepts? or buy those x-ray specs they used to sell in the back of comic books. drive and enjoy until you make an engine choise.

kevin
Curvie Roadlover
The undoctored pic looks to be tangerine. A great color, by the way.
Bleyseng
Hey its Dave Darlings car!
TheCabinetmaker
Wow, I saw trees that color on purple haze.(long long time ago)
URY914
I remember those wheels on Bugs (of course).

Welcome!!! Now start posting! beerchug.gif

Paul
rhodyguy
going ot a bit. japanese lace leaf maple. the picture compresses it. about 5 1/2' tall by 7' in daimeter. value? a low mile silver 73' 2.0. let the thieves steal that. purple leaves in the spring, irish green in the summer, this color, then brilliant red. like shrooms for 6 months.

kevin
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Oct 19 2003, 10:56 AM)
Hey its Dave Darlings car!

No it isn't, Geoff--that car actually runs!!

--DD
Bruce Allert
Kevin, for the life of me I cannot see the lace leaf huh.gif
bruce

P.s. Oh ya rolleyes.gif I'm sorry Johan... welcome to the club. Really a nice car. Could that be Phoenix red? Look in front of the drivers door on the post. There's a sticker about as low as the speakers with the paint code. That will tell you what the real colour is.
bruce
Bigbohr
And the winner is ... BRUCE!!! smilie_pokal.gif

Sorry Bruce, no price though, only the honor ...

The color is indeed Phoenix Red (color code L32K)

Thanks for the welcome and the pink plants ...

Johan
Bigbohr
Sorry, purple plants that is ... need to get my eyes checked. Didn't blink since I've been staring all day at my car.
Bruce Allert
OK Kev, now I see it in yer avatar..... ya wanna see a rally big one? (tree that is) laugh.gif or tree of em???
the first is 8' (in my driveway) the 2nd is 6' and the 3rd is about 5'. Plus we live next to a guy that raises Japanese Lace Leafs from his own seed stock. He has trees worth over $10,000 blink.gif Acres of 'em
bruce
TheCabinetmaker
Bruce, is that your place? Looks like the perfect place to knock down a fat tire or two or tree.
Bruce Allert
Ya Curt, there been 2 or 3 put down out here in da sticks.
I was just looking at my work bench a few minutes ago & realized if I got rid of the Fat Tire bottles I'd have more room blink.gif
bruce beer.gif
Aaron Cox
those are some really interesting wheels. wink.gif
echocanyons
http://www.runtrod.com/

they are formula vee wheels or Superior / Turtle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.