Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Any Brit bike riders here ? BSA,Triumph,Norton
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
David_S
Looking for someone that may can help me with this. I may have spoken too soon and bought a 1965 650 BSA. The thing is supposedly all there, but in about 5 different boxes. It is a restoration that was started by a relative of a guy that went to work for us not too long ago. It was tore down many years ago, fuel tank and fenders were painted and that was as far as it got. It isn't the original fuel tank or fenders, but the original fuel tank is there. I have the engine in my garage, and it doesn't have pistons in it. Any body care to guess what I should offer ???
john rogers
In my young and wilder days I had a BSA A10 and when I learned to ride it the brakes were so bad thet you learned to go around things instead of stop! I also had an old Triumph, forget which model but if was the pre-unit 650 model with a magneto and other fun stuff. I still have a British Standard wrench or two I think??!!
Rand
Wow, vintage thumper. Cool.

Totally depends on what you want to do with it. Do you want it for the cool factor of a vintage thumper, or do you want a reliable good rider?

Will be fun to see what you do!
GWN7
I had a Norton 750 Commando for a short while....

There are two on Ebay....$3200 & $3500...But they are together

the pistons are about $100
type47
wish i'd shipped back my triumph T100C (500 cc "scrambler") from germany. also had 2 BSA 441 Victors.
David_S
Just talked to the guy again that has it .....he thinks it is a '67. He is going to try to dig it out of the storage building today. Hopefully I can have a few pics of the pile of parts tonight.

The first street bike that I rode, when I was 15, was a 71 Triumph Bonneville. Shortly after that, I helped a good friend of mine and his dad to a restoration on a 69 BSA 650.

Would be really cool if it is a 67, cause I am a 67 model also !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.