Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here is a problem I found today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I noticed my gas pedal had some play in it before the cable slack was taken up. Thought the bronze bushings were hollowed out, so I took out the pivot piece (my term for it). The pivot piece is where the ball end on the cable attaches and the rod from the pedal attaches. There is a small shaft that installs in the bushings with a cotter pin on the end to keep it in place. Everyone with me?

I found the shaft was loose in the pivot and when I really held it in the vice, the shaft pulled out of the pivot. The weld had broken. See the picture.
URY914
I cleaned it all up with my grinder and sander.
URY914
And welded it up.

Fixed driving.gif ready for my next autox.

Paul
Bleyseng
Yeah, has come loose on me before too. Weld the sucker up and its good forever
Geoff
campbellcj
I should've taken a pic of the reinforced one on my rebuilt cluster. In order to prevent the main stamped part from bending, a thin steel strip/bar was welded to it. When the bellcrank bushing let go at a recent track event, it caused major havoc the rest of the day. You have to be careful that the bellcrank doesn't get tweaked over to the side and wedged under the tunnel sheet metal. Car gets stuck at near-WOT.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.