Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just want to say Hi!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jax914
Hi all,

It looks like this is the forum for 914s. I'm new to the Porsche world - although it wasn't too far of a jump - I've been driving a german look VW SuperBeetle for the past 5 years. I've always admired the 914 and finally decided that now was the time to jump it. I've just purchased a project 1971 1.7l in great shape and plan on spending the next few months finishing it off. I've lurked the last week or so and found lots of useful information - I'm hoping I can bring some info to the group too.

I'm in Jacksonville Fl, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for future get togethers or events. I've gone to the Brumos October event for the last three years and hopefully I'll be ready by then with my car.

I'll update with some pics of my car soon. PICS ADDED BELOW

Thanks,

Troy
Eric_Shea
welcome.png
Gustl
welcome.png - from far far away biggrin.gif

but hey, at least my teener was originally delivered to Jacksonville, FL mueba.gif

I'm sure you'll enjoy this place!

wavey.gif Gustl
SLITS
welcome.png

Now you can go crazy too!
904svo
welcome.png

Welcome to the club.

Ga. man myself
Allan
wavey.gif
drewvw

welcome.png

and of course....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
URY914
Welcome Fellow Florida 914'er!

There's a pretty good size group of us here, One day will ALL get together.

Paul
tdgray
welcome.png Another FL guy... probably came from Ohio. Just like everyone else in Florida.

Welcome
evan
Welcome from way up north@!!!!!!
Lou W
welcome.png from Kalifornia bye1.gif
GWN7
welcome.png from way way up North biggrin.gif
watsonrx13
Again, what Paul said, 'Welcome Florida teener'....

-- Rob
elwood-914
Welcome welcome.png
grasshopper
welcome.png I am in Valdosta, GA. About and 1:45 from you. If you need ANY parts, let me know...I have two of everything. BTW, if you are looking for an event, we are having the first ever South East Classic in Helen Georgia september the 8th and 9th. The registration should be ready by tomorrow morning. See the link in my signiture. You dont happen to be the guy on www.thesamba.com that is advertising two 914's in Jacksonville are you??
TINCAN914
welcome.png beer.gif Colorado here.... 914 freaks are all over.....
draperjojo
Welcome to the club. I grew up down there in Jville. I've still got my "Sliders Oyster Bar" and "Whiteys Fish Camp" t shirts. Back in the 70's a friend of mine drove over to pick me up in a White 74 2.0 and I been hooked on teeners since then.
Toast
wavey.gif Welcome to the Twilight Zone from the Twilight Zone. biggrin.gif

So when are you going to ditch the 1.7 and upgrade to a 2.7 six conversion?
Just kidding. tongue.gif
Jax914
Got it home last night....

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Actually got a second car and a third engine as well.

Woo Hoo....I do not want to be at work today.

I'm hoping to be on the road by the end of October.

I'm just up the road from Clark's fish camp - for those of you who know Jax. I moved here from Canada 6 1/2 years ago so I know what the north is like too! Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

No I'm not the guy on the samba with two for sale...but I did contact him about parts yesterday - hoping to hear from him today.

Troy
welder.gif
race914
welcome.png

From the LEFT Coast!!!

Anxious to see your project progress!

Another 914 saved thumb3d.gif
URY914
Is that the car(s) for sale in Palatka???

Jax914
Was for sale in Palatka....do you know anything about it...or did I snipe you?

Sorry if I did....I really wanted it.

Troy
URY914
QUOTE(Jax914 @ Aug 8 2006, 06:52 AM) *

Was for sale in Palatka....do you know anything about it...or did I snipe you?

Sorry if I did....I really wanted it.

Troy

I saw the ad somewhere (ebay?) but I wasn't looking to buy it.
I don't know anything about the cars. These things show up in the strangest places. Let us know how it works out for you. If you need parts, there are several of us around here with just about anything you need.

Paul
grasshopper
agree.gif I saw it on ebay too. I was thinking about getting it, but ended up deciding to save the money for other stuff. The last time I saw it, it was only at like $250.00. Is that what it sold for?? But seriously, anything under $500.00 was a KILLER deal! Hope to meet up some time. I might be down at Brumos Porsche soon to look at a car for my mom.
URY914
We all need to meet at Brumos for the Octoberfest swap meet.
It's in October, go figure. confused24.gif
Mrs. K
welcome.png gayfight.gif cheer.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.