Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running rich...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
Hey guys, it's been a while since ive last signed on. But yea my 14' is running really rich. Last week when i pulled the spark plugs for a change out the old ones were entirely black. That would signify that my engine is running rich, right? The engine is a 75' 2L w/ stock Djet FI w/ the smog stuff plugged up. So what could be causing my engine to run rich? Bad MPS? Bad throttle body? If so either one of these things ive got a stock 1.7L dizzy i'd like to trade someone for a replacement part. Or possibly something is adjusted correctly. Thanks again in advance!
Bleyseng
first check out the CHT as that could be bad causing richness
then check out the MPS by putting a vacuum of 15hg on it as it should hold it for bout 5 minutes.

or your flux capacitor is modulating wrong so add less fuel via the thingie. biggrin.gif
dlo914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 7 2006, 04:14 PM) *

first check out the CHT as that could be bad causing richness
then check out the MPS by putting a vacuum of 15hg on it as it should hold it for bout 5 minutes.

or your flux capacitor is modulating wrong so add less fuel via the thingie. biggrin.gif

The CHT, is it that doohicky located next to the dizzy w/ one wire coming out of it? How do i check to see if the CHT is bad? As for the MPS how do i go about putting a vacuum on the unit? Thanks Bleyseng smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
The CHT only affects the mixture until the engine reaches operating temperature. My guess, based on hardly any facts, is the MPS or the hose from the intake manifold to the MPS. Next suggestion would be to check the TS 1, on the top of the intake manifold, and then to assure the fuel pressure is correct and there are no blockages in the return line. Read Paul Anders' D-jet website. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.