Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone use Sumitomo HTR Z II tires?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I've read many favorable reviews and I think I might go for it. They are very reasonably priced. Anyone have any experience with these tires?
okieflyr
I used them for my daily commuting on my STI. They wore well, i could cross rotate them, low noise, and were decent in the wet. Not the highest traction tire out there, but they were a good value. If your looking for something 'sportin' for your teener, you'll want something stickier.

Kevin
wbergtho
Hey Okieflyer,

Would you rate Michelin Pilot Sports as being way better? One thing I know for sure is the Michelins are literaly twice the price. I have them now...and like them alot. I'm just looking at alternatives. If I cannot find a sticky good wearing tire any better...I may stick with the Michelins.

Thanks,

Bill
Joe Ricard
Hankooks rock and are cheap. Stick great and Hopefully will last a while.
okieflyr
They are both fine tires, but the Michelins are in a different league, and it's all about sacrifice/compromise. If you like what you have , stay with them. The lower price in this case is not going to buy you happiness.

Kevin

QUOTE(wbergtho @ Aug 8 2006, 12:30 AM) *

Hey Okieflyer,

Would you rate Michelin Pilot Sports as being way better? One thing I know for sure is the Michelins are literaly twice the price. I have them now...and like them alot. I'm just looking at alternatives. If I cannot find a sticky good wearing tire any better...I may stick with the Michelins.

Thanks,

Bill

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.