Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 700 horsepower, 295-pound V6, anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
Now, if those intercoolers and headers could just be flipped... smash.gif

http://gtpark.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1761039561/m/2701061102

And I am sure the rear bulkhead would have to go... welder.gif

pete
turboman808
thats a nice little motor
Boojum
That'd be spiffy but the gearbox to take that power would probably cost as much as the engine itself. smash.gif
alpha434
Gm has had a v6 for years that's outpowered their v8. Maybe that's a play on it. Dunno. Not too much of an american car guy.

Meanwhile.... Noble reccomends a V6 drivetrain for their M12 chassis. They say Ford, but this would fit nicely, I'm sure. And it's *only* about $30,000 to get bare Noble M12.....
messix
slap.gif can't you e'ffin read alphy! it's aftermarket buick v6 block, like world product v8's and keith black hemi's [yes the same as KB pistons] and those v6's have been around since the early 1960's they even turbo'd them back then.

Brett W
You haven't seen the price tag yet I take it. I think the short block is close to 10K.
Brad Roberts
Pete,

wait until we roll out the twin turbo Duttweiler built V8 914 that is almost done.

1400hp on low boost. Motec with traction control... 14 inch wide rear slicks.. 930 4 speed...

B
Aaron Cox
:in awe:

brad- tell us about this car!
URY914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 8 2006, 08:38 AM) *

Pete,

wait until we roll out the twin turbo Duttweiler built V8 914 that is almost done.

1400hp on low boost. Motec with traction control... 14 inch wide rear slicks.. 930 4 speed...

B

Why do people keep putting crazy HP engines in tube frame cars with "914" bodies on them? There are other mid engine cars that are more current and with better potental. What about a NSX with a V8TT? (OK, its a ricer) I just think the short 914 wheel base isn't ideal for 800-1400 hp.
guiltless
Because they can.
Boojum
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 8 2006, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 8 2006, 08:38 AM) *

Pete,

B

Why do people keep putting crazy HP engines in tube frame cars with "914" bodies on them? There are other mid engine cars that are more current and with better potental. What about a NSX with a V8TT? (OK, its a ricer) I just think the short 914 wheel base isn't ideal for 800-1400 hp.

I agree in a way, for example, I've been salivating over building an Ultima GTR, but I've neither the money nor the space to do it in currently. When I do have the money and the space, watch out! I'm thinking twin turbo Northstar. I think the GTR is about as sexy as any exotic sports car out there, but maybe that's just me.

Ultima GTR sexyness:
IPB Image

But I also understand why people would be motivated to stick a big engine in a 914... It would be fun to humiliate the jackass Ferrari and modern Porsche owners poseurs out there, not to mention the ricers, because it seems that many of them have small, fragile egos and think everybody else is below them. Not that I'm saying all Ferrari or Porsche owners are sheeplove.gif (most certainly not you 914 and vintage 911 owners), but I've noticed a certain tendency, for people who own expensive cars to be jerkoffs. Then there's the "because I can do it" factor, and maybe they just want their car to be insane, and impossible for most other people to drive. I think any reason is a valid one.
Brett W
You build a 2000hp capable 914 and stick with a 930 gear box? Couldn't you have used a better gear box?

When will people quit complaining about a tube chassis 914 not being a 914. Neither is a V8 powered 914. I think the 914 loooks good it just needs some tweaks to make it reaaalllyyy sweet.
Brad Roberts
The guy above me answered the question: "cause he can"

I didnt discourage the owner.... because I'll get to drive it..LOL

You have seen pics of the car Aaron. It was the red slant nose 935 style 914 with no windshield. It runs now, just dialing in all the rest of the stuff.

Kenny Duttweiler is an amazing person.

B
Aaron Cox
jog my memory with a few fresh pics LOL
Britain Smith
I believe that this is the car...in its previous life.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

LvSteveH
The buick platform doesn't get enough credit. I've got a 275hp naturally aspirated engine sitting on the stand waiting to go into my red car. Very light, plenty of power, and they do not have vibration issues, contrary to what you hear occasionally. It was the 70's odd fire cars that had a rough idle.

driving.gif

Brad Roberts
That is the car. The intercoolers are in the fenders now.

B
Brando
After reading this thread, i can guarantee you I need new undies.
Brad Roberts
I'm thinking of dying in the car for fun. It will make for good reading on the club site.

B
turboman808
QUOTE(Boojum @ Aug 8 2006, 10:45 AM) *

but I've noticed a certain tendency, for people who own expensive cars to be jerkoffs.

I only know this one group of guys with really expensive cars. They are very young and all have multiple ferraris and lambos. And yes they are jerkoffs. We do some work for them and every time they are in the office not once have they been there and not mentioned they are "Ivy League".

They also don't do any real racing but still think they are the hottest shit on 4 wheels. I guess driving 200mph on public roads in traffic makes you a badass.
Boojum
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Aug 8 2006, 07:31 PM) *

I only know this one group of guys with really expensive cars. They are very young and all have multiple ferraris and lambos. And yes they are jerkoffs. We do some work for them and every time they are in the office not once have they been there and not mentioned they are "Ivy League".

They also don't do any real racing but still think they are the hottest shit on 4 wheels. I guess driving 200mph on public roads in traffic makes you a badass.

Hell, what we need to do is modify some AGM-88 HARMs to home in on smugness and the willingness to endanger the public, then we're set! sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
Brett W
The guy above me answered the question: "cause he can"

I didnt discourage the owner.... because I'll get to drive it..LOL

What I meant was, why not use something on the order of a five speed or even siz speed. Mendeola, G50, Aisin, etc.
byndbad914
QUOTE(Brett W @ Aug 9 2006, 04:00 AM) *

What I meant was, why not use something on the order of a five speed or even siz speed. Mendeola, G50, Aisin, etc.

How but a sequential box that will stick about 4" out the back of the car happy11.gif

http://www.mendeolatransaxles.com/hd4.php

I left a lot of drool on the show model at SEMA and PRI last year w00t.gif but let me assure you, those Mendeolas are in no way, shape or form "short". Even the lower torque capable box was too long (I was measuring away for the 914). I have the 930 wedged in there and those are a few inches longer minimum.

But, that said, I want to use one of those S4 8-lug dogring sequential boxes in the rear of a 70 Mustang fastback. Daon need no stinking rear trunk... next project way down the money trail... must finish the teener first!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.