Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red car pictures please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I have to laugh when I pick up my daughter (13) in the 914. It seems shes embarrassed being seen in it, true its an ugly mess but its mine. Well later this month thats all going to change as I am heading up to Washington state to get it painted. The drive will be a challenge for both me and the car, 1200 miles one way. I will likely be there for a couple of weeks or so. I am going to have to map out the club members along the way just in case something go poof. I have been driving the wheels off the car for the last 3 months putting in some 3 hour freeway runs. Everything is working perfect but its hard to judge how things will go when you string together a 1200 mile ride. I am getting over 20 mpg and hope to improve that a bit because I discovered my overall fuel ratio was too rich. Its looks like I am going with red. I have seen a few nice shades, sure Porsche red is the likely choice.
Love to see some red 914 examples boldblue.gif
IPB Image
SirAndy
always happy to show off my car ... guards red, 9eleben color ...

smile.gif Andy
Lou W
Here's some more red;
Lou W
another, kinda different color of red, but I like it;
Lou W
again;
DanT
Or you could split the difference and make it a very reddish orange....ie: Phoenix Red.
wertygrog
bahia red..... smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Lou W @ Aug 8 2006, 12:41 AM) *

again;

Hey! I know that car.. it looks much better after I put it back together.....

Click to view attachment
Mountain914
Bahia red is so nice, you should get it twice !! laugh.gif

IPB Image
drgchapman
Here's a couple of my Bahia Red in action.
jk76.914
I think it's Guard's Red. In the 1971 (maybe '72?) 911 color chart it was called "light red". Not a very inspiring name, but I went with it anyway.
Click to view attachment
72914S
My guards red `72
brownaar
Bahia red, once again.

IPB Image

Ferg
GM Torch Red dry.gif looked nice for a colorchange sad.gif
drive-ability
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif
Those are some sweet looking cars !
Cap'n Krusty
Like this one? The Cap'n, old enough to have ridden "the red car" ..........Click to view attachment
Aaron Cox
hijack -

cap'n - as have i, the orange empire rail museum has most of the PE cars and runs alot of the perris cars also
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 8 2006, 12:56 PM) *

hijack -

cap'n - as have i, the orange empire rail museum has most of the PE cars and runs alot of the perris cars also

Ahem. I rode 'em when they were still in service! My mom would take us from Puente (now La Puente) all the way into downtown LA on shopping trips for school clothes, and at Christmastime to see the store window displays. Things were a bit different then. Diamond Bar was our neighbor's ranch. I also rode the red car at the museum. Took my sons out there when they were little. I hope oneday to take my grandkids, too. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
just trying to jog your memory old man smile.gif
AZ914
Malaga Red!

TROJANMAN
Cap'n, you're from my hood? Click to view attachment

Malaga is the best Red smile.gif
drive-ability
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 8 2006, 01:42 PM) *

Malaga Red!

Malaga Red Nice color!
Rand
Another vote for Malaga. Great color.

Here's an awesome red car:

computers4kids
Bahia Red
bondo
Don't forget Metallic Red! I've seen it in person, I really like it. I don't have any pics handy though.
Pat Garvey
Once more for Bahia Red - my '72.
grasshopper
Red
Joe Ricard
Hey I know that car. Hell I've been UNDER that car.

Oh and Yellow is still faster
dion9146
I've always had yellow 914's, but the gaurds red is growing on me...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58241

Dion
xitspd
Guards Red!

Dan
Quilmes
Here's mine Red 914-6,

Quilmes
Andyrew
Stop by my place when you go!!!!

PS... the color above me looks like phoenix red... and I like it!
John
pics
cbenitah
QUOTE(xitspd @ Aug 8 2006, 07:52 PM) *

Guards Red!

Dan

Dan,
I'd like to see more pipcs of your car if you wouldn't mind. or if anyone else have pics of it?"

thanks

cris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.