Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: engine project pix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
made some progress on the project engine. be kind with your comments, i'm a novice mechanic and learning. this is supposed to go into the 914 in my avatar and the plan was to get it in this summer before labor day. want to drive it to the east coast ramble (plug) so johnb can drive my other 914. (shameless retraction of offer to him rolleyes.gif ). the specs are stock d-jet, euro pistons. it's been fun so far.....

type47
2 more
TravisNeff
Nice touch with the fuel hard lines at the front of the engine.
Aaron Cox
you dont reaaallly need the squirrel cage fan cover tho smile.gif

Get a real coil too! tongue.gif

looks awesome!!
type47
got the hard line idea from norustscott...

yea, the fan cover was a left over from vw bus parts. thought i'd put it on for jollies. won't really be able to see it anyway. although, the owner of my old car dropped the oil fill cover into the fan area and caused the need for a complete rebuild.....
maf914
I have wondered if the bus fan screen restricts air flow significantly or if the restriction is negligible. I have one in my parts stash and have considered using it. I find small leaves and pine needles in my engine compartment and wonder if any have made it to the sylinders or oil cooler?
JmuRiz
Looks good Jim, put a nicer looking coil, or at least clean that one up biggrin.gif
racerx9146
looks great! It always bugged me that I could never get the aluminium fan shroud clean. Maybe paint a dull silver?
G e o r g e
did you replace the rubber grommets thru the tin? if so where did you get them? beerchug.gif
maf914
You can get most of them through a VW parts counter. Most of the T4 parts, including grommets, are VW. I did this at the local VW dealer. It helps to have access to the the PET CD so you can record part numbers.
G e o r g e
QUOTE(maf914 @ Aug 8 2006, 01:00 PM) *

You can get most of them through a VW parts counter. Most of the T4 parts, including grommets, are VW. I did this at the local VW dealer. It helps to have access to the the PET CD so you can record part numbers.

thanks for the info beerchug.gif
DrifterJay
You can make the fan shroud nice and clean if you have access to a sand blaster
type47
QUOTE(George H. @ Aug 8 2006, 11:52 AM) *

did you replace the rubber grommets thru the tin? if so where did you get them? beerchug.gif

have them on order from busdepot.com. have yet to arrive so i'm wondering if they are still available. i have a few from old parts that i salvaged. can't exactly get the part numbers from PET to jive with locations.

looking back at the pix; the big stain on the left is the PB blaster i had to use to get the screw out to mount the clip for the tube. also embarrased that the alt pulley is so rusted looking.

and Nathan, the coil was cleaned biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.