Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heartbroken...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chogokin
Have you ever lost something from your car that made it special? unsure.gif Well in a huge florida rainstorm today I lost one of my custom made billet aluminum Porsche centers... Ordinarily wouldn't bother me so much but they were a gift from my best man, cost him about $275 to have them made with the gold mini badges inlaid. One of a kind really. On top of that the front brakes are acting stupid, and a new strange slight metal rubbing sound in 2nd Guess I better get another ride so I can put her up in the garage sad.gif
Toast
A Jack ball.

Ok, that was bad. Sorry you lost such a nice emblem. sad.gif
72914S
BUMMER! Was it a fast corner? or just hitting a bump? Did you make the promotion or are you going to Dothan with us this weekend?
Chogokin
no promotion, moving this weekend, and unfortunately I don't think I'll be driving her very far until I fix the front brakes and figure out what the hell that rubbing sound is. Looking at another ride so that I can stop using her as a dd
Dr Evil
I hope your rubbing sound is just a synchro band that needs replacing. If it jsut started it may be a cheaper fix wink.gif Sorry you lost your special thingy. That is a real bummer.
Chogokin
I guess stromberg.gif happens... if anyone knows of a place that can make another center like these out of billet without breaking the bank please let me know. As far as the trans, the #1 sync has been out for a while so that by itself is reason to bust it open but DAMN, maybe that rubbing sound is a brake thing, I was so pissed that I didn't REALLY narrow the sound down, we'll see...

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

John
I know I have seen the hex shaped caps before, but they look like they are bonded to polished caps with an inlaid crest like this:

|
|
\|/
John
They might be modified versions of these:

http://eagleday.stores.yahoo.net/potiac.html

Locking 70MM (Fuchs) Gruppe B Hex Hub Caps W/ Porsche Crest

|
|
\|/
Chogokin
WHOA! That is cool! looks so similar, I should check the sizes to see if they are the same! I know my buddy had these made almost 10 years ago, I had to modify them to fit the riv's. Thanks for the help guys this may be a bright spot, oh btw I heard that someone in the club has the BMW brakes in a kit for the teener anyone know who? My front calipers are trash, specifically the pass side is binding up, want to get better ones anyways.
Kargeek
The guy that makes them has a patent on the hex cap w/ crest. His name is Booth or something. I have some custom made ones on my car - not his and he told me that I may be volating his patent rights.

DH
Chogokin
thats ok, for all I know he may have made these ones, 10 years ago. If not let him come here and try to take them from me! ar15.gif gunner.gif
Joe Ricard
Screw that moving crap. Come racing with me and Barry. Promise your stuff will still be there when you get back.

Just park your car in front of it. Ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.