Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need 3.6 conversion pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PRS914-6
I'm in a dilemna. If I pick up my 3.6 engine, the warranty starts. By the time I get it installed and driveable, the warranty will be up. I'm trying to avoid that due to the $$$$. Unfortunately, I need the engine to get measurements and locations though. For instance, the locations of the engine oil lines so I can locate the thermostat and run all the lines at least to the thermostat

I'm trying to get everything done that I possibly can before getting the engine.

If you guys have some underside pictures of a 3.6 installed, it would really help. Detailed, even better

Thanks
East coaster
What do you need pics of specifically? I can take shots next time I have mine on the jack stands, just let me know what you need.
PRS914-6
Thanks! Right now, the oil line routing at the engine and to the tank would be key. If the discharge and inlet are the same as a 3.2, I can get the measurements off my 911. Since I am mounting both a brake proportioning valve and a thermostat on the firewall, the locations need to be determined so I can run the lines from the cooler.

I welded in my motor mount and I have no way to double check. I also want to weld up my sheet metal and can't.....Damn, I wish I had the engine sitting here. ....it's very frustrating.
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Aug 8 2006, 09:04 PM) *

Damn, I wish I had the engine sitting here. ....it's very frustrating.

if you come down to napa to mark's shop on saturday, you can take as many measurements as you like ...

beerchug.gif Andy
PRS914-6
Andy, are you back to normal? Well, that seems like a silly question... blink.gif

What stage are you at? Is the engine in or on the stand? I may have a house guest on Saturday afternoon so unsure but I appreciate the offer. I'll let you know. My wife is willing to go as long as wine tasting is involved. beer3.gif I also sent a pleading letter to the wrecker for a little slack......
Joe Bob
The oil line routing is not that hard......it's the fittings.

Is your oil tank AN or metric? Do you have conversion fittings or are you going ALL metric and custom made lines?

A good hydraulic/forklift/truck shop can redo metric fittings while you wait.

BTW....my 3.2 conversion is at Mark's shop...
SirAndy
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Aug 8 2006, 10:25 PM) *

Andy, are you back to normal?

short answer, no ...

but i can't just sit here and do nothing, drives me nuts ... so, i'll be back at the shop this weekend ... gotta get some stuff done ...
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.