Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Our first ice cream run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dion9146
It doesn't get any better than this. A beautiful 80 degree evening, a freshly rebuilt 6, my favorite car and my favorite 4 year old. These are the nights I live for. smile.gif

This is the second time the car has been on the road. Time to get her some fuel and get us some ice cream to celebrate. Now I've got to start working through the bugs like alignment (gotta dial out some of that camber), sqeeky brakes, sway bar settings, etc. New 245/225 Dunlop's are going on this weekend, and we will go from there.

Just had to share these pics with someone - why not a couple thousand people who can appreciate it....

Dion & Robbie
dion9146
and another
Andyrew
Lookin Goood!!!!
grasshopper
BEAUTIFUL! clap56.gif
evan
Awesome. Hey whats the deal with the car seat? I want to take my daughter in the car here or there but am curious about the laws and common sense safety. Though it is no worse than when we were kids.
dion9146
My Son is now in a booster seat that just uses the stock seat belt system wrapped around him and the seat. Just like it does in our Durango. It feels like it catches quicker than our newer cars anyway, so I feel he is as safe as he can be in a 32 year old car.

Dion

QUOTE(evan @ Aug 8 2006, 07:24 PM) *

Awesome. Hey whats the deal with the car seat? I want to take my daughter in the car here or there but am curious about the laws and common sense safety. Though it is no worse than when we were kids.

Lou W
Looks like alot of fun. driving.gif

Nice looking car too. thumb3d.gif
G e o r g e
now that's a nice father son outing driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif

and your car looks great too beerchug.gif
vesnyder
Dion - Vance from your AA days here - nice looking car! Just got mine on the road as well (will attach a pic). I understand there is an AA reunion on the 17th - may have the date wrong. Need to catch up. What's the plan for the car? Looks too nice to track, but sounds ready!
Root_Werks
Nice car! I like the bolted on flares. Different and cool! boldblue.gif
SLKWrx
I'm loving the no chrome look! The body colored door handles are a great touch as well!

Wow, thats some crazy neg camber up front!
rmital
QUOTE(dion9146 @ Aug 8 2006, 05:41 PM) *

It doesn't get any better than this. A beautiful 80 degree evening,...

...was thinking the same thing one night earlier this summer...driving my 11 year old daughter home after a late softball game. Cruising up the parkway, a clear star filled night...her first ride in the 914...she couldn't have smiled any bigger.

...life is good...especially while the teener's running great...
jasons
You got anymore pics? That car looks good.
GTeener
Looks great! Thanks for sharing clap56.gif
Engman
That is sooo cool - I did the same thing when I first got the 914 running - took my son to the local ice cream joint. Did not even have rockers on it.

Cool!

M
mikey
Great looking car! I love the body color door handles and bumpers.
TINCAN914
Very cool picture of you and your son. My 12 yr old thinks it';s the greatest car ever. Enjoy for yers to come.... Beautiful work clap56.gif clap56.gif
JPB
Wow. Now thats what you call good living brother. Keep the love alive and they will never let you down.

thumb3d.gif Use a booster seat, they are perfect for his age.
dion9146
Wow, I spend a 10 hour day in meetings, and look what happens!

Thanks for all of the compliments on the car. It's a long story how it got this way with this look, but I'll give all of the credit to the previous owner (Ed Secrest) who used to be active on this board. I mounted the flares on my original 914 like this and passed the idea on to him (I think). Little did I know that I would end up with the car one day. It was his idea to body color/black anodize all of the stainless, but I like it. More pics, but not as good, are in my blog. It was my idea to put a Porsche 6 back in it. biggrin.gif

Hey Vance, good to hear from you. I talked with Heideman yesterday, and he mentioned the reunion on the 17th. I'll be in my downtown office all day, so I just might show up. I'd love to check out your car sometime. Where do you call home now? Send me a PM. I won't be tracking this car seriously, maybe a driver's ed or two. My first two 914's ended up that way, and it was hard to enjoy them on the street. Besides, I spent the last 4 years racing formula cars in SCCA, so I got that out of the blood for now.

Let's just call this one an aggressive street car. cool_shades.gif

Dion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.