Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Just wondering anyone using one of the flat bottom steering wheels ? and how well do you like it? seems to me it'll give you more room getting in & out but how is it when driving?? Thanks
toon1
got one in my car, MOMO Pilota, ltbmotorsports.com, $130. It's a nice wheel. I was a little apprehensive about the flat bottom but it's no prob. . You really only notice it in a U turn or situations like that, in and out of the driveway etc. but even then it's not a problem. Sure is nicee for getting in and out of the car.
spunone
Thaats what I was thinking Thanks beer.gif
Marv's3.6six
Have thought about one, but think the flat spot would interfere when the hands are flying during an auto cross? burnout.gif
spunone
driving.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif Anybody else ????
cbenitah
Just put mine in last night, but since the car isnt running I couldnt tell you. but im excited to find out..
Rand
"Flat bottomed wheels, you make my rockin' world go round!" If that didn't bring a Queen song to mind, then just ignore and call this a bump.

I'm also thinking a flat-bottomed wheel would be nice. Good for knee clearance too.

So has anyone had a flat-bottomed wheel be a problem in AX? (Marv... I saw your mention of it, but sounded like it was a "think" thing and I'm looking for an experience thing. smile.gif )

How often do you really deal with having to move the hands beyond 10 and 2?

icon_bump.gif
spunone
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif Ok still asking mueba.gif
hydroliftin
Hey, I'm thinking about the Pilota 2 and wondered if there was anyone else out there who has experience with it since the last time this post was bumped?
Justinp71
Don't buy a Pilota 2, I bought one and I returned it because the whole wheel is plastic besides the leather inserts.

I also thought the wheel looked to bulky in a 914 and the edge of the steering wheel is still there when you get in or out.

Instead I got a MOMO Versace, its kinda like the Monte Carlo, I like that much better.
spunone
Anyone use a MOMO Sport???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.