Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kid had the car for 2 days
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
2.0 up for grabs here,, bummer about the car.......16 yr old shouldn't have a car like this....perfect example of why.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2437841929 barf.gif barf.gif bootyshake.gif
Brad Roberts
Cool that Dave at GPR actually posted it for sale. I wasnt sure he was still buying/selling used parts.

B
MarkV
She looks older than 16. laugh.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(MarkV @ Oct 19 2003, 11:16 PM)
She looks older than 16. laugh.gif

Legal huh.gif
mightyohm
What do you think of the chances he'll sell that engine to me, off ebay, for a fraction of the price?

laugh.gif

(Does she come with it?)
Jeroen
We need her as our 914 calander girl !!!
wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Charles Deutsch
Is that a freshly rebuilt 2.0? The ad's not real clear. $1500 real (US) dollars is quite a lot of money - I wonder what I could get for my rebuildable 2.0 if I were to sell it?
olav
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 20 2003, 02:53 AM)
We need her as our 914 calander girl !!!
wub.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

Hey that's a good idea. A 914world.com calendar with all our ugly mugs.

I'll be Arpil...
Jeroen
No offense Olav, but I don't think a calendar with you in a bikini posing next to a 914 would sell all that well biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Charles Deutsch
That one guy would've bought it! laugh.gif I'm so bad!
Aaron Cox
I'm 17 and havent wrecked my car yet rolleyes.gif
scottb
there was an engine in the ad?? pray.gif
tracks914
QUOTE(scottb @ Oct 20 2003, 12:50 PM)
there was an engine in the ad?? pray.gif

I don't know...all I know is that some book or something was in the way. blink.gif
ChrisReale
Charles, I thibnk the ad said there was 103,000 miles on it
Eric Taylor
man, I hate to say it, but I agree. I wrecked one. Picture is almost the exact same of mine. But tho as severe.
Eric
Charles Deutsch
Wow! $1500 for a 2.0 with 103,000 miles. Selling my 2.0 would go a long way to helping me build a 2270. Could probably buy me a Demello crank and some 96 mm pistons and cylinders.
Joe Bob
I got run over in my 914/6.....stoopid semi decided he wanted my lane.....tore the front fender and flare off.....next day I was TTOD at the autocross..... laugh.gif

Insurance company wanted to total out the car....I dug out my trusty PCA appraisal, my privately paid appraisal and my binder that said "yes we except your value of $18,000.....they cut me a $5,000.00 check the next day.....
Andyrew
You saying all 16 year olds are stupid/irresponsible? Dont fool yourself.. Yes there are a few kids that give the good drivers a bad name.. Especially ones that decide to take their cars and learn to drive them (hard) on the street, thats a no no.. Some people are foolish, some play it safe.

Unfortunately I know of 2 girls in my school, and I think 10 kids drive to school, that totaled their cars.. NOW, what does that say about the rest of us? Glad they where honda's..

Andrew
wavey.gif
SirAndy
don't get me started on california drivers. and i'm talking "All Ages" ...
fighting19.gif

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 20 2003, 05:02 PM)
I dug out my trusty PCA appraisal, my privately paid appraisal and my binder that said "yes we except your value of $18,000.....

now HOW and WHERE would one accuire such thing ???
do i need to be a PCA member?
what is involved in getting a PCA appraisal?

i need one,
Andy
fiid
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 20 2003, 12:40 PM)
I'm 17 and havent wrecked my car yet rolleyes.gif

Yeah! Not all 16/17yr olds are equal.

But having said that - if you don't crash something - you're not getting value for money from your insurance - because they are expecting you to!
boldblue.gif

Fiid.
(never had a claim on my insurance- and paid a boat load for it when I was 17 and driving a spitfire).
fiid
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 20 2003, 04:09 PM)
don't get me started on california drivers. and i'm talking "All Ages" ...
fighting19.gif

Andy

Well - we basically have no driving test! There are more questions on drunk driving than on anything else.

I have friends in the UK that failed the test 3 or 4 times before passing it. How many people do you know here that have done that?? IMHO we should have something about as difficult, plus an even harder test for vehicles weighing more than 2 tons.

l8r,

Fiid.
Aaron Cox
just be glad im not an illegal alien! those mofo's get drivers licenses as fast as they have children!
Malmz
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 20 2003, 04:04 PM)
You saying all 16 year olds are stupid/irresponsible?

I was incredibly young and stupid when I was 16, I just got lucky enough to never wreck anything at that age. Now I'm just not as young...

I remember borrowing my brother's 914 and packing 5 people in it. Luckily 3 where female... Found out another time Whittier cop cars can't make a U-ies and take the curves of the infamous West Road very fast...

sm
Joe Bob
Ya answered yer own question...it be free for members....you HAVE to accept that shitty Panorama magazine though..... blink.gif
Joe Bob
Yo.....
scotty
Ack! WARN us before you post things like that, Mike! I just shot ale out my nose!
Red-Beard
Don't go getting your PCA membership yet....

They don't do valuations on 914/4's or 924's.

James
Aaron Cox
mike z- that is too much man! LOL laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Looks like the post may have gotten me banned from the politically correct weasel dicks at Pelican.....
Brad Roberts
I pray that you got banned... I'll have a hay day with it.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Oct 20 2003, 08:05 PM)
Don't go getting your PCA membership yet....
They don't do valuations on 914/4's or 924's.

wtf? is that true? and if so, why? huh? confused24.gif

Andy
seanery
i think they do 4's but not 1.7's
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 21 2003, 12:40 PM)
i think they do 4's but not 1.7's

i still don't get it ... what's the problem? cause the engine doesn't say Porsche on it ????
they let the 1.7's run their events.

Andy
Joe Ricard
Hey back to the 17 yr old. My son hasn't wrecked his car yet. Hope he never does because he will walk or pedal to where ever he is going.

He bought his car, we work on it together. We went the school parking lot and did some real drivers ed. not the stuff taught in high school. He had lots of fun pushing his car to the limits and beyond. With instructions like just keep going in a circle as fast as you can till you spin. Then steer out of it.. Brake turn brake turn. We spent nearly half a tank of gas ripping it up and learning what to do and what not to do.

Then we jumped on the highway I showed him how fast his car can go. Hopefully he won't need to try that for himself.

I may be totally fooling myself, but this is the only 914 in town and all the cops and lots of my friends know the car and my phone number. I did get a call once from a friend intending to turn him in for speeding, Until I told him I was driving it that day. chatsmiley.gif
Charles Deutsch
Somebody bid $1500 for the motor! At least 914s aren't dropping in value - if I parted out my '73 2.0, I could probably get back more than what I paid for it.
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Oct 20 2003, 11:10 PM)
Looks like the post may have gotten me banned from the politically correct weasel dicks at Pelican.....

hahaha

M
Brad Roberts
I dont beleive the bid. It takes 2 seconds for me to have one of you bid up something I post for sale....

B
Charles Deutsch
Somebody did buy it - for $1,525.00.
ppickerell
Yes, someone did buy it. Me! Actually my Brother-in-law in Chicago bought it first and resold it to me. Maybe overpriced, but I met Brad and Mike Mueller yesterday (they toured my shop in Pleasanton) and I have asked Brad to rebuild it and stick it in my car. Overpriced maybe, but I can tell you that I'm excited!
mightyohm
Congrats. I had my friend check it out in SLO. It looks pretty decent but compression was pretty low. Definitely a rebuild candidate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.