Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh No! I hope it's not... Clutch squeaky
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Drove the teener to work today. Nice cool morning great drive.

Picked up my son and headed home.

Pulled in the garage and shut the car off. Release the clutch and hear a very noisy squeak. Push it in and out a couple more times... same thing.

Was going to get under the car but it is rather warm under there so I thought I would let it cool off.

Is this a sign of clutch tube failure???? It has always had what I would call a stiff clutch. I think this normal? I mean it is not like you have to jam it in with all your might but it is certainly not as easy as my subby.

What do you think? Are there places it needs lubed?

I hope it is not the clutch tube. Please please please don't let it be the tube. headbang.gif
jr91472
First place I would look is the pedal assembly. Think about new bushings. I replaced mine only to find that the source of the noise was the actual spring on the pedal. Just old and worn out I guess. I hit it with WD40 every month or so until I have a chance to pull the pedal assy (again).

beer.gif

QUOTE(tdgray @ Aug 9 2006, 01:59 PM) *

Drove the teener to work today. Nice cool morning great drive.

Picked up my son and headed home.

Pulled in the garage and shut the car off. Release the clutch and hear a very noisy squeak. Push it in and out a couple more times... same thing.

Was going to get under the car but it is rather warm under there so I thought I would let it cool off.

Is this a sign of clutch tube failure???? It has always had what I would call a stiff clutch. I think this normal? I mean it is not like you have to jam it in with all your might but it is certainly not as easy as my subby.

What do you think? Are there places it needs lubed?

I hope it is not the clutch tube. Please please please don't let it be the tube. headbang.gif

Dr. Roger
yep, i was thinking pedal assembly also.

is the squeaking coming from the front or the rear area?

i use tri-flow. =-)
Tobra
I am partial to Phil's tenacious oil, look for it in a bicycle shop. Nice for cables and what not, high viscosity.
Dr. Roger
Bar and Chain oil for use with chainsaws hangs on very well also.

tdgray
Nope... pedal assembly was rebuilt from Eric Shea.

Sound is definitley coming from the rear / mid of the car.

I did not have a chance to look at it last night. Will try to do tonight.

Do you have to lube the cable itself or the pulley or anything down there???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.