Full Version: Anyone have pictures of a 914 without a rear valance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Thanks
xitspd
Yes!

Dan
turboman808
It would look pretty cool without the mufflers. Also can you see the transmission housing?

Is there enough room to tuck the muffler behind the bumper?

I was looking at the magnaflow

IPB Image

They have a smaller one as well.

IPB Image
orange914
xitspd -- NOW that looks good without a rear valence smilie_pokal.gif , but my old car stromberg.gif on the other hand............

Click to view attachment
jk76.914
Not the best pic. But it's another data point. Car also needs rockers, and the ride height is too high. I'll get a better picture tomorrow.

Anyway- 4 cylinder with Bursch exhaust, no valance. The muffler (quiet version)is mostly hidden behind the bumper, so yes, a muffler can be fit out of sight behind the bumper. The 4-into-1 pipes and collector are very visible however, but it looks kinda neat.... Better pic tomorrow....

Jim

Click to view attachment
nocones
Sure, here ya go...
turboman808
QUOTE(nocones @ Aug 9 2006, 08:21 PM) *

Sure, here ya go...

Whats that funky I-beam thing?

I need to go do some measurements between the headers.
john rogers
Here's one
dekman
Butt shot.....I like the open look thumb3d.gif (two different mufflers)
turboman808
QUOTE(dekman @ Aug 9 2006, 08:26 PM) *

Butt shot.....I like the open look thumb3d.gif (two different mufflers)

The last one I really like. What muffler did you use?
Rand
hijacked.gif
Wow Dekman, that car looks stout. Are both photos the same car? Which config is current?

And Dan, xitspd, I love the look of those mufflers hanging under there. No question about that car's manhood! laugh.gif Another premium 914!
dekman
1st photo is current, a Monty(best), great sound, well built . 2nd was a GHL, my creation, loud, and it broke open about 4 times! I have to say I like Dan's rear too! Ah....to many choices....... beerchug.gif
Flat VW
IPB Image
cobra94563
Don't have a pic and it's dark out now....but I just purchased tha magnaflow 14468, 2in/2out. Mounted the muffler between the tranny and bumper. original muffler shield removed. Didn't get it to the muffler shop yet.

About half the muffler is visable. I hope to have the ends turned out to the rear.
If I had a valance to use, the muffler would be mostly hidden.

rolleyes.gif
retrotech
Here is mine.
Dr. Roger
my little Bebe.
before and during plastic surgery

IPB Image

IPB Image
Randal
Click to view attachment

A little bit more than just the valance, but you'll be looking at the transmission, exhaust and half shafts.....
turboman808
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Aug 9 2006, 09:27 PM) *

Don't have a pic and it's dark out now....but I just purchased tha magnaflow 14468, 2in/2out. Mounted the muffler between the tranny and bumper. original muffler shield removed. Didn't get it to the muffler shop yet.

About half the muffler is visable. I hope to have the ends turned out to the rear.
If I had a valance to use, the muffler would be mostly hidden.

rolleyes.gif

Oh so this sounds exactly like what I had in mind even down to the same muffler. I was gonna get the one that isn't stainless though and paint it flat black and wrap it in black exhaust wrap so I can mount it higher without worries.

Hope to see how it turns out smile.gif
cobra94563
I decided on the stainless not because I wanted the finish, but I wasn't sure if the others had the internal crossflow (tru-x core). I wanted it quieter, but the finish is nice too!

thumb3d.gif

Oh yeah...I searched EVERYWHERE on the net. The low price was the same. $146, including performancepeddler.com. But on their web site, they have a live chat, which I clicked and got $30 less than their posted price!!

piratenanner.gif
914chris
Here's mine.
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
The Dijon Bomb
turboman808
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Aug 9 2006, 10:37 PM) *

I decided on the stainless not because I wanted the finish, but I wasn't sure if the others had the internal crossflow (tru-x core). I wanted it quieter, but the finish is nice too!

thumb3d.gif

Oh yeah...I searched EVERYWHERE on the net. The low price was the same. $146, including performancepeddler.com. But on their web site, they have a live chat, which I clicked and got $30 less than their posted price!!

piratenanner.gif

It doesn't look like the one you have is tru-x. Is the one you have pretty loud?
They have the tru-x in the larger one but that one I will probably have a bit of trouble fitting the car.

Next question is how can I make the tail of the transmission look shinier smile.gif Can you polish the magnesium case???
race914
Another one

Click to view attachment

TimT
laugh.gif
Howard
Nice butt, Tim. NASCAR 914? w00t.gif

Moby:
Trevorg7
Um, well, a little more stock than some...

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.