Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber IBF Throttle Shaft Repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've read a lot about Weber IDFs wearing out throttle bushings. Anyone have any tips on replacing the throttle shafts? What's involved? I've never pulled a throttle shaft out and I'm wondering what it's going to take. idea.gif
DBCooper
I haven't successfully done it myself, but I have boogered things up trying. Last set I sent to ACE (Air Cooled Engineering) in Salt Lake City who can rebush, seal for pressurized turbo applications, etc. I understand that Weber and Dellorto have a jig that holds the butterfly so you don't bend things when you press the shaft out and then back in. You could talk to the folks at Pierce Manifolds down in Gilroy, who I know stock the oversized shaft reamers and should be able to give you the info you need. Heck, they may even stock that special Weber tool.
Gint
Matt Blast - EuroMetrix

Matt knows what he's doing. I think Eric Shea knows a guy on the west coast somewhere.
Matt Romanowski
I would second Matt Blast. He's one of the best (if not the best) around. He is a real Porsche guy and does carbs right!

Matt
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.