Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many track/AX days will you get in this year?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
I'm curious as to how many days our members get out in their cars at the track or AX? I was surprised when I added up the days this year and found I was going to exit the year at 27. I thought I wouldn't do more than 15.

I guess having the wife in an MBA program leaves more time to play!

Bill P.
groot
If you count the tires I burn at work, I'd be over 100......
Dave-O
All autocross...I have about 11 with one school in there (40+ runs). I figure my Falkens have well over 120 runs on them (I LOVE being in a street tire class! ~$400 in tires per YEAR!). I plan on doing about 5 or 6 more. The biggest limitation has been travel expenses, 360 miles per weekend at 15mpg gets pretty expensive!
Joe Ricard
Last year I went through a shit load of rubber. 250 AX runs
This year I am picking and choosing my events. Trying to swim in bigger fish ponds.
1 track lapping day 1/2 tread wear on Hoosiers
and so far 2 sets of tires for AX. 100 runs But things are picking up.
SandyI
This year I'll get in 9 POC events at Streets of Willow and Big Willow.
Hopefully, more days in 2007.
Chris Pincetich
Ask again in December. I have 1.2 days now, hope to hit >5.
The new photo in my avatar was the 0.2 day - my car broke in the middle of my first run. sad.gif
SandyI
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 10 2006, 05:45 PM) *

The new photo in my avatar was the 0.2 day - my car broke in the middle of my first run. sad.gif

I know how that works. A pin blew through the back of my tranny cover during my second run session of the weekend in June. Had to flatbed my car to Otto's in Venice from Streets of Willow.
brant
the big push is only just beginning.
things have been slow so far and I gave up some track days for my dad to do his liscensing school and get seat time

I've got 6 full days in so far, but I've got 8 more planned over the next 5 weeks...

last year I had 19 days of track time in, and that in a short season
its not the most ever, but since we lost 3 tracks this year traveling is eating some time out of the schedule.

for example I have a 2 day round trip drive to nebraska next week and another 2 day round trip drive to Oklahoma following that...

plus most of these are W2W days.

brant
ConeDodger
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Aug 10 2006, 10:16 AM) *

I'm curious as to how many days our members get out in their cars at the track or AX? I was surprised when I added up the days this year and found I was going to exit the year at 27. I thought I wouldn't do more than 15.

I guess having the wife in an MBA program leaves more time to play!

Bill P.

I am going to do one with the Submarine. I bought the car with track time in mind. My only experience with track time was doing autocrosses on Brainerd International Raceway years ago. We had the whole track open except turn one and turn ten. We put cones in there. Needless to say, these were not 914 courses. It was lots of fun but I would overcook my brakes in the 240Z and have to muscle my way through ten.
I will need an instructor for sure. I am hoping that my interest falls short of obsession as my weekends are being fast used up...
drew365
Looks like we have a bunch of track junkies. I'm sorry to say I was one of the 5-10 event guys because my car has been down for several months this year. Even so I normally would only do about 12 to 15 events a year. You guys must be a lot younger than me, or richer. I know you're not better looking. biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
The only thing stopping me is money. I'll attend 10-20 this year.

I may have landed some serious sponsorship for the Boxster.

I asked for 4 sets of tires, food,gas,hotel, for X number of events.

1 year contract. I maintain the truck/trailer/Boxster

2 sets of tires up front.

The contract will state that I "have" to attend X number events over a 12 month period.

B
mikelsr
I would have liked to say 10-20 but it will be 5-9. I couldn't do anything the first 7 months of the year because of my back and vacations. I am going to try and hit the rest of them this year and maybe a track event or two.

Mike
grantsfo
I have landed some major sponsorship too. ...Got a job that pays well. No contracts and I can run any event I want as long as it is on a weekend. By the end of this season I will have run 4 track events and about 10 AX.

silversprint
I have run 6 track days so far. I have 4 more scheduled for this year. These are long days with +2.5 hours track time each day.

Unfortunately all these track days so far has been in other cars. My 914 is still stripped and waiting for rust repair.
J P Stein
I have 4 AXs this month. One down(er) and 3 to go.
Hope springs infernal. huh.gif
Trekkor
This year, I've done 5 track days so far and have at least 5 more on the schedule.
Also ran 4 a/x's with as many as 6 more mueba.gif

I have a shortage of tire funds headbang.gif

KT
Mike T
I have run 2 ax this season. Got a late start. Then July 17th the car went up on jackstands again to add PolyBronze bushings. Then I decided to put on all the fiberglass body panels i've been hoarding the last few years. Then I got looking at pictures of a certain "lightweight" 914 that hangs around here and out came the sawzall and the welder. There's a new bigger engine on the engine stand and well... I'm looking forward to next season I guess.

Mike T
mudfoot76
I've been to one DE and one AX this year. My next DE is Labor Day weekend with OVR-PCA here at Putnam Park (I'll try to procure a video camera for this one to share lapping video - I always enjoy seeing everyone else's). I'd like to get up to Garold's area for another AX, and I have at least one more DE this fall too (with NASA @ Putnam).

The only thing that is stopping me from going out more often is $$$$$ dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.