Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Over the past few weeks (the time I havn't driven my car), I've been wondering what the market would be if I sold my car.

Any idea on what I could get for my 1970 914/6 2.0L conversion?

It was built from a damaged factory /6 so it has all of the right parts. Upgrades are Turbo tie rods, Turbo valve covers, K&N air filters, Cibie H4 lamps, euro f/r lens', Rich Johnson motor mount, '70s vintage LeCarra steering wheel, 16x6&7 Polished fuchs, Corbeau Forza seats (plus stock seats) and a fully carpeted interior including firewall and rubber floor mats.I probably have... $15k into it now. It will need some exterior rust repair of three fenders and paint to be really nice.

No, I'm not activly selling, but if I could get enough to put towards a CW /6, I would consider it.

TIA,
GWN7
If it was built from a 4 cyl car, about 2/3 of an original 6. They seem to sell in the $12-14,000 range (Ebay)with nice paint, so I'd guess $8-9,000 if your had the little problems fixed.

There was a original 6 that needed paint awhile back. Mechanically A1. I think it went for $8,500 on the board.

2 cents worth
Ferg
I would have to say it's a case by case issure when talking value. Cosmetics and the Little Things play such a role in value. And I think 12-14 for real sixes is low, I have not seen nice real six sell for that in a while. Low 20's for a nice six stock or modified is not going to surprise me.

Car sounds sweet, but with a 2.0 six it's a hard sell. I would say (without seeing the car) you would still be able to get north of 10k, but the market is so soft right now confused24.gif And you metion rust which alone is going to scare off any buyers who want something that is Done and they dont' have to monkey with.

Ferg.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.