Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cost of rebuilding a 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
modpr2
how much would it cost just in parts no labor to rebuild a 1.8 keeping everything stock.
Robert21
confused24.gif why not bulid a 2.0 motor , cost about the same.
better engine. more HP . just my thought . But
just do what makes you happy.

Robert
McMark
agree.gif Build a 2056. Buy a kit from Jake, it makes life so easy.
lotus_65
why rebuild... are you sure you need it?

pelican link

...if you did rebuild, as Robert21 said, build it up a little. then don't even put that nice new lump in that dirty, corroded engine compartment. ...and clean the underside. replace the shift bushings. upgrade the exhaust (and ignition). ...then keep going, and going, and...
Mueller
QUOTE(Robert21 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:57 PM) *

confused24.gif why not bulid a 2.0 motor , cost about the same.
better engine. more HP . just my thought . But
just do what makes you happy.

Robert

bs.gif

the 2.0 is not a "better" engine than the 1.7 or 1.8...
jim_hoyland
To take a stab at your question---$2,100?
Trekkor
I have a better idea...

KT
MoveQik
Why rebuild when you can get one that runs perfect right here....

Super Clean 1.8 for sale!

biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(modpr2 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:31 PM) *

how much would it cost just in parts no labor to rebuild a 1.8 keeping everything stock.

if you really are going to do the turbo you should see if you can get a cam from Jake since you'll have the motor open already....
modpr2
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 11 2006, 07:53 AM) *

QUOTE(modpr2 @ Aug 10 2006, 05:31 PM) *

if you really are going to do the turbo you should see if you can get a cam from Jake since you'll have the motor open already....

thanks for the reply i do want to do the turbo and which cam from Jake do you think i should get. i appriciate the advice since honestly i dont know alot about about it but i really am willing to learn, i just need teachers. do you think i should rebuild the motor before or after i get the turbo and engine in tune. i just want to make sure i am getting everything done right since i probably can only afford to do it once. i am going to school to be an engineer, havent decided electronic or mechanical but am still in my general ed so i have about a year to decide so all of this really interests me but as you probably all know college students dont have alot of money but dream big, lol.... thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.