Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meuller's Rear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
Speaking of 914 parts investments, I figure I can get maybe a .25 on the dollar return if I stick a set of these on the ulf.

Who was the crash test dummy for these? Any tips on the install? Most importantly, can I use a smash.gif

Oops, speeled his name wrong....again.
Jeroen
Dunno... still waiting for a set wink.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
You mean these?? smile.gif

Going out via UPS today...sorry, the 5# sledge hammer is not included, LOL
Brad Roberts
I have installed 4 rear sets now. If you dont have a press... you need a BFH and some patience.

The hardest part is getting the 1.5 inch tube into the control arm and NOT damaging the end in the process. If you hammer on one end.. it can flare the end and make the bearing not sit in it correctly.

I suggest wheel bearing grease on the outside of the tube and a piece of wood with a 3 lb sledge.

The BEST/Safest way is a press. It would take someone 5 minutes per shaft to press them in for you.

B
J P Stein
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 20 2003, 11:00 AM)
The BEST/Safest way is a press. It would take someone 5 minutes per shaft to press them in for you.

B

Well, shit.......I can get em' pressed in. sad.gif
I was looking foreward to beating the dogcrap outta' something, tho. My hands have nearly healed from the last time laugh.gif
Jeroen
Mike,
We need to do something about your website biggrin.gif

Brad,
When you got time to chat?
(are you back from Indy yet or are you posting for Sean's computer?)

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
we got the wireless working on his notebook, so he's been posting from his computer on my network.
Jeroen
Ok, it can wait, there's no rush...

cheers,

Jeroen
ps. the pics look like you had fun
seanery
I had a blast once we got there (1 hour late).
Brad drove my car. And for those that don't know me too well
I have control issues. I suck at being a passenger!
Plus the roads look A LOT different in the teener than they
did in the range rover. There seemed to be quite a bit
more blind turns than I remembered. blink.gif
Mueller
We need to do something about your website

yep, my site SUCKS !!!!!

I'm 99.99% sure someone else is going to be suppling your rear bearings for you once I get around to giving them to him smile.gif

JP,

I did the hammer (and lube) trick on my last install, but I went one step further and before installing the tube. The bearing tube is 1.50" in diameter, I measured the trailing arm and found mine to have the ID slightly oblong, so I made a die to force into the arm to help open it up a tad bit, a 1/2" drive socket of a suitable size would also do the trick.
Jeroen
You couldn't have been more scared than Brad when he let me test drive Scott's orange /6 biggrin.gif
I had to get used to the US traffic rules (eh... that was a STOP sign, no you can't make a u-turn here), get used to the 914 shifter (hadn't driven one in over 3 years) and I was having trouble with the twilight (though I have no problems driving in the dark)

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
QUOTE(Mueller @ Oct 20 2003, 09:26 PM)
I'm 99.99% sure someone else is going to be suppling your rear bearings for you once I get around to giving them to him smile.gif

I'm getting the idea this "someone" is going to have to pay for extra lugage biggrin.gif
Don't worry about them though... I was just busting your ass on purpose happy11.gif

Just PM me some ideas you got/want/like and I'll take care of the site

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.