Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: washer jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
this might be a dumb question, but I can't remove my washer jets. How are they taken out? Do I just pull them out from the top? Any help much appreciated.
thanks,
will biggrin.gif
SGB
Yeah it is just held down by a groove in the rubber- a compression fit. You may want to reach under from the underside and push one edge of the lip at the bottom of the grove with your fingernail to get it started. That rubber will be pretty dried uot and will tear if you just yank. Just go slow. It is not a very deep groove, just a couple of mm.
brant
will what year is your car.
the early ones are just rubber, but the late style are hard plastic and the groove is stronger.

for both style its best to remove them by going underneath and working it from there. the late style are tough and require pushing in the plastic tabs some.

brant
will
my car is a 73. The problem is that my hand is too big to fit in such a small space. I can't get my hand under to press the tab in. maybe a long nose plier will work?
brant
I think 73 is the soft rubber (early) style
does it have the chrome cap on the outside?

if its the early style then just pulling up will work (no tab to release) if you can't get your hand in there.

brant
will
I can see that it has the hard plastic and not the rubber. the stem below is quite long....maybe 2 inches. I can visually see the press tab with a mirror. I don't want to remove the gas tank to access the washer jet. any other suggestions? Maybe a girl with smaller hands can reach under neath?
brant
Ok...
so late style then.

Once, I pulled the evap tank from the top of the fuel tank to get my hand in better...

or yeah.. a buddy/wife with a smaller hand maybe.

brant
SGB
You should be able to get to it by taking off that evapo tank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.