Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone use the Renegade steering wheel extension hub?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Just curious if MOMO changed their screw size. I have a new MOMO and it has the same screw size as the old Porsche Design MOMO steering wheel. The PD, however has a recessed mount that's smaller than the extension which doesn't affect the flat faced new MOMO wheel.

To use it with this wheel, I'd need to have it turned down to the ID of the PD wheel and then drill larger holes and countersinks for the larger screws...
Aaron Cox
have mike turn it down smile.gif
neo914-6
yeah after he finishes my shifter extension... laugh.gif

The issue I have is the MOMO wheels have to be permanently modified for the larger screws and I'd have to drill and tap the shorter adapter if I wanted to use it...
Chris Pincetich
idea.gif That looks like it would fit my old Dyno wheel, it uses some pretty big screws with a similar (same?) pattern as MOMO. I'm sure you'll figure something out...I'm surprised you're not trying a newer Porsche or Audi wheel with buttons on it.
Good luck! beerchug.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Aug 11 2006, 11:15 PM) *

idea.gif That looks like it would fit my old Dyno wheel, it uses some pretty big screws with a similar (same?) pattern as MOMO. I'm sure you'll figure something out...I'm surprised you're not trying a newer Porsche or Audi wheel with buttons on it.
Good luck! beerchug.gif

Hey Chris!

Yep there are two patterns, one fits MOMO. Most modern wheels have large centers for airbags but I really like the Porsche Design wheel, it's simple and unique. If I ever adapt the Audi steering column I may have to use an Audi wheel, just no time to do everything...

Thanks biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.