Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speaker cover screws
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
type4org
I just received a beautiful set of original speaker covers and was wondering what size the mounting screws need to be. I'm not looking to fulfill some concours requirement, just making sure I don't buy them too long or too thick and wear out the screw holes in the body wink.gif
boxstr
What is the proper srew slot placement for the speaker cover screws?
CCLINCW
tod914
See if you can download the PET CD.. it's on the site somewhere.. gives you every part, part number and description. Invaluable tool. It should tell you the sizes for those screws and if they are available. Do a search for it, it should come up.
type4org
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 13 2006, 07:51 PM) *

See if you can download the PET CD.. it's on the site somewhere.. gives you every part, part number and description. Invaluable tool. It should tell you the sizes for those screws and if they are available. Do a search for it, it should come up.

Tried a few search combinations, no luck sad.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(type4org @ Aug 14 2006, 06:43 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 13 2006, 07:51 PM) *

Tried a few search combinations, no luck sad.gif

Mine are orig - I'll pull in & try to measure it (never been too good with that stuff, but I'll try).
Pat Garvey
Jens,
Mine are from a '72 & no reason to think it would have changed thru the years.

Thay are half-round, chrome, 4mmx8mm. No reason to believe that stainless wouldn't work & you need acceptable washers too.

Hope that helps.
biggrin.gif
type4org
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 15 2006, 07:52 PM) *

Thay are half-round, chrome, 4mmx8mm. No reason to believe that stainless wouldn't work & you need acceptable washers too.

Thanks a bunch Pat smile.gif I got lucky today when I ripped out the ugly speakers: Looks like I do have at least 3 out of the 4 screws needed for each side. They must have been put back into their original screw holes when the first owner switched the speakers.

tod914
PM your email and ill send u that PDF PET file.
rhodyguy
my old aa catalog shows 2 #s.

front side-TAPPING SCREW, CSK, RAISED HEAD B4.8x22, 900 145 053 07
rear side- TAPPING SCREW, CSK RAISED HEAD B4.4.8X16, NO 140 986
type4org
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 22 2006, 09:11 AM) *

front side-TAPPING SCREW, CSK, RAISED HEAD B4.8x22, 900 145 053 07
rear side- TAPPING SCREW, CSK RAISED HEAD B4.4.8X16, NO 140 986

Thanks - I was able to make do with the screws I found in the car. All I am missing is the bottom screw on each side, but the cover is held secure by three screws now, I'm not too worried about it.
914runnow
QUOTE(type4org @ Aug 12 2006, 06:19 AM) *

I just received a beautiful set of original speaker covers and was wondering what size the mounting screws need to be. I'm not looking to fulfill some concours requirement, just making sure I don't buy them too long or too thick and wear out the screw holes in the body wink.gif

Stoddards will have the black OEM replacements..
The Chrome are gone...
I have a set...Anything to trade??
type4org
QUOTE(914runnow @ Aug 24 2006, 12:36 AM) *
Stoddards will have the black OEM replacements..
The Chrome are gone...
I have a set...Anything to trade??

I'm all set, thanks!
tod914
Get the PDF?
type4org
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 24 2006, 12:44 PM) *

Get the PDF?

Yeah, and I had replied to the email address you had sent it from. It is very helpful. Thanks a lot again.
tod914
QUOTE(type4org @ Aug 24 2006, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 24 2006, 12:44 PM) *

Get the PDF?

Yeah, and I had replied to the email address you had sent it from. It is very helpful. Thanks a lot again.

Ok, great. Didn't get your reply. Just wanted to make sure it went through.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.