Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody in Georgia doing hellhole and logitudinal repair?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Greg Bell
Guys,

I am right on the verge of sending my 914 to AA for hellhole repair. It is going to cost $3,500.00, which is probably a bit high, but tolerable since they probably know what they are doing. Is there anyone else around here willing to do it?

GHB

grasshopper
Hey, I am doing one right now. I can do it for you if you do not need it VERY soon. Warner Robins is only about two hours, so I could come up on weekends. DO NOT take it to AA. I have the passenger side long repair panel new from RD sitting out in my garage right now, but if you dont already have it, you would need to buy the battery tray and support, and the engine shelf from restoration-design. How about some pictures of it before I commit to anything.
Greg Bell
I'll get some pictures for you. It looks like the usual crap, not to mention some hack simply welded some braces over the rusty longitudinals at some point. Sheesh.

GHB

QUOTE(grasshopper @ Aug 13 2006, 07:28 AM) *

Hey, I am doing one right now. I can do it for you if you do not need it VERY soon. Warner Robins is only about two hours, so I could come up on weekends. DO NOT take it to AA. I have the passenger side long repair panel new from RD sitting out in my garage right now, but if you dont already have it, you would need to buy the battery tray and support, and the engine shelf from restoration-design. How about some pictures of it before I commit to anything.

grasshopper
Cool. Pics from the sides of the longs, underneather the longs, and up inside the right rear fender towards the front. Just the get an idea of how bad.
Brother
Could I see some pictures as well? I'm trying to determine how bad mine are.
Brett W
Bring it over to my shop and I can take care of it for you.
Brother
QUOTE(Brett W @ Oct 31 2006, 05:29 PM) *

Bring it over to my shop and I can take care of it for you.

Thats a bit of a drive for me, but thanks for the offer.
bd1308
me me me! I just finished.
SGB
Barry is right -don't take it to AA!! $3500. I'm sure they would do SOME welding.
Brett-
Thank god! right here in my own hometown even. I've had my suspension ear fabbed up twice. It'll break off again. I know I've got some new mysterious separations goin on. I'll be ashamed to show you, the gastly work that is under there, but it has served well for what cost, back when I had no clue where to find a replacement. I'll be gettin' back to ya sometime. Yep.
Brett W
Sorry Brother, I was replying to the original poster. He is a little closer. I could even meet him half way as I have a few friends in GA that I wouldn't mind seeing.

Scott,
there are a bunch of hacks in this town, the love to take your money and give you junk. I have several cars in the shop right now in a similar situation. You ought to see this caged car in my shop right now. I am going to have to cut out the old excuse for a cage and start over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.