Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Gas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhowitson
I am going to empty the old gas out of my car and replace it with fresh. Anybody know how to dispose of it? Running it til its empty is not an option.

thanks
Joe Bob
If you have a lawn mower...mix it 50/50 and run it.....if it's REALLY bad, most communities have a neighborhood recycle/hazmat center.
pfierb
QUOTE(sjhowitson @ Aug 13 2006, 11:07 AM) *

I am going to empty the old gas out of my car and replace it with fresh. Anybody know how to dispose of it? Running it til its empty is not an option.

thanks

About two weeks ago on this forum some one suggested using gasoline to clean up the inside of a dishwasher.Sounds like a bang up idea to me.
jk76.914
How much do you have???? I invested $5.00 at Wal-Mart in an approved gasoline container. I marked it "Bad Gas" with a perm market, and keep it in that. When it gets kinda full, I take it and turn it in- container and all- at our annual hazardous waste collection. In the meantime, it's out back in the shed.
blitZ
I gradually burn it off in my car or mower.
Dr Evil
Depending on amount, you can mix a little at a time with old motor oil and turn that in at your FLAPS. Or, if it is not to much and you do not live near people you can put it in an open tub, bowl, etc and let it evaporate away from any sources of ignition. I accidentally let a bunch evaporate so I know this works rolleyes.gif
PanelBilly
I had 3-4 gal that sat in my car for 10 years. I recall adding Stabil to it once after it had sat for a few years. I mixed it with some fresh gas in my lawn mover ( a $6,000 John Deere, not some little walk-behind) and it worked just fine.
JPB
Witn a little dry gas and octane booster mixed with good gas your off to the races!

beer.gif Star your charcoal with it.LOL Just kidding!
grantsfo
Sell it on a street corner for half off current pump price.
JPB
Ha, old Bronx trick. Just don't do it close to home.LOL
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 13 2006, 08:29 AM) *

If you have a lawn mower...mix it 50/50 and run it.....if it's REALLY bad, most communities have a neighborhood recycle/hazmat center.

agree.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(pfierb @ Aug 13 2006, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(sjhowitson @ Aug 13 2006, 11:07 AM) *

thanks

About two weeks ago on this forum some one seggested using gasoline to clean up the inside of a dishwasher.Sounds like a bang up idea to me.

Or you could just use it as drinking water, or let it sit a little longer and use it as food if you get real hungry. blink.gif

I sure hope this was a joke...
JPB
agree.gif Wanna get rid of the crabs? Just a little hot on the tackle though,LOL
So.Cal.914
You could run it through your Zippo or

You could take it to LA, they will buy anything there or

You could use it as a wax remover or

You could sniff it, should still work or

You could... but, I would not sudjest it.

smile.gif

chilli
OR you can kill weeds in the sidewalk cracks. Not eco friendly but neither is round up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.