Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After Parade AX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
J P Stein
Steve Nielsony blew us all into the weeds with a 41 ish. Joy broke the throttle cable and I don't recall her time to that point.

Next up was Chuck's 911 with a mid 42.
The rest of us supposed hot dogs were grouped around 44.

I had a 44 flat with a cone and "the kid" had a 43.9 with a cone...not holding up his end of the bargin. He should take me by at least a second & a half so I tole him I was gonna post here & give him some grief.....too much whinning, not enuff driving, me thinks. biggrin.gif
Trevor had a nice 44.1....where did that come from?

2 more to come this month. The car needs more front bar.....there's more room.
Britain Smith
Yea, it was not a good day.

-Britain
DNHunt
I know you guys don't want any excuses but, after this week you all have to be dragging. I would have been surprised if either of you were worth sh*t.

I enjoyed my day down there. Good work.

Dave
Trekkor
I hope to run with you one day, JP.

Best I ever did against Steve was at the Zone a/x at Marina last year.
I got within a second.

8-13-05

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Aug 13 2006, 11:31 AM) *

Yea, it was not a good day.

-Britain

Bad days are allowed....as long as you admit to it biggrin.gif

The car needs some adjustments so a guy don't have to work so hard to get a decent time......but getting good time still is gonna take work & concentration. Trevor & his legal street 2.2L kicked both of our asses. This is not allowed and as for that effin' 9eleben......... I hate congradulating Chuck. headbang.gif
Rough_Rider
I learned a few things today, its not always the car. Its the head space your in.

I disengaged brain for a few portions of the course & pushed myself rather than the car.

4th place. I'm very happy with that. driving.gif

Love to see pic's & results sheet, someone must have em.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 13 2006, 10:38 AM) *

Steve Nielsony blew us all into the weeds with a 41 ish. Joy broke the throttle cable and I don't recall her time to that point.

I had a 44 flat with a cone and "the kid" had a 43.9 with a cone...not holding up his end of the bargin. He should take me by at least a second & a half so I tole him I was gonna post here & give him some grief.....too much whinning, not enuff driving, me thinks. biggrin.gif

OMG! Bad Joy! No cookie! biggrin.gif She has gotten seriously good over the last year or so. I remember when her hands would shake right before she ran. Now if I were running against her, my hands would shake!

Sounds like you all had fun... It is a real joy (no pun intended) for us to have Steve and Joy in our region.
Steve_7x
Thank Rob... I'll have to pass on the sentiments to Joy.

I think Joy was going to get down into the 44's maybe 43's... she had a 45 on her second run. She came of course and the engine was up over 3k... she got me and I stepped on the throttle and heard a clank and the pedal didn't come back up. So technically it was me that broke the cable. :-( I really felt bad that she only got 2 of the 6 runs. driving-girl.gif On the other hand I was glad the throttle didn't stick during the Parade autocross. There is a silver lining after all!

JP... I made one little mistake on the back loop on my 6th run and I couldn't beat my 41 flat... a 40 was out there. It was a fun course... very minimal cones... diferent then our NorCal events... particularly that we had to hit the brakes before breaking the timing beam... I tried to brake late and took out 2 cones on my first run... driving.gif

I'd like to express my thanks the ORPCA guys... you were super in allowing us to participate, and allowing us to leave a bit early so we could get home at a decent hour... We arrived in Redding at 10:30pm and I got home in Sac on Sunday at 8:00pm (okay I slept in Redding and watched a movie and F1 race etc...). Again thanks for your hospitality!

Steve

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Aug 13 2006, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 13 2006, 10:38 AM) *

OMG! Bad Joy! No cookie! biggrin.gif She has gotten seriously good over the last year or so. I remember when her hands would shake right before she ran. Now if I were running against her, my hands would shake!

Sounds like you all had fun... It is a real joy (no pun intended) for us to have Steve and Joy in our region.

J P Stein
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Aug 14 2006, 10:48 AM) *

JP... I made one little mistake on the back loop on my 6th run and I couldn't beat my 41 flat... a 40 was out there. It was a fun course... very minimal cones... diferent then our NorCal events... particularly that we had to hit the brakes before breaking the timing beam... I tried to brake late and took out 2 cones on my first run... driving.gif

The key to such a stop box is *don't lock em' up*.....but you figured that out biggrin.gif
Lotta folks did and smacked cones biggrin.gif
I was on the limiter *to* the lights ( 63-65 mph) & had no problems there....plenty of problems elsewhere to make up for it, tho. huh.gif
However, if you continue to accellerate thru the lights, you're toast.
J P Stein

We do minimal cones so's you have options with your lines AND to keep cone chasing to a minimum....room enuff to screw the pooch while experimenting and not scatter cones to the four winds. It also serves to not present a sea of cones. Chalk arrows are laid to assist navigation in possibily confusing sections and it works. We like the SCCA advisory that AX is not supposed to be an exercise in navigation. Drivers confusion not only adds to his time but also to the running time of the event.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.