Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WE HAVE IGNITION!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Well I finally got a chance to get out in the garage and putz with the MSD/Pertronix set-up and after about an hour of wiring and checking and double checking and triple checking it runs!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't got the tach hooked up and I know the timing is probably way off but it starts, idles and revs pretty good.

Thanks for all the input on getting this thing (actually me) figured out.

Now I gotta go figure out the tach and get it timed.

Then it's burnout.gif
JPB
Burn baby burn!!!

beer.gif Good old Arabic fuel that is!
Aaron Cox
a 74+ 911 tach *Should* work, as it has the xener diode (sp?) that the earlier ones dont have.....
Brando
Hey Allan, wasn't it running before? biggrin.gif (before you fiddled with it)

Just joshin' ya. Glad to hear it works and runs great. Pretty soon you'll be smokin' tiars at your next local event.
wbergtho
You are a go for Translunar injection! Good job!
J P Stein
I have a 911 tach dated 1971 & it works without an adaptor.
Black/purple wire.
Allan
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 13 2006, 06:53 PM) *

I have a 911 tach dated 1971 & it works without an adaptor.
Black/purple wire.

JP, unfortunately I have a car that has the wiring hacked together so color is not something I can use as a reference.

I believe I have the tach wire isolated but I'm getting different recommendations as to whether or not I should see 6v at the input.
Aaron Cox
hook it up. smile.gif
Trekkor
My best. pizza.gif

KT
Toast
aktion035.gif burnout.gif beer3.gif
Allan
Finally!

Everything seems pretty well dialed in and the car goes like stink.

For you guys running carbs with the solex cam, is it normal for the motor to have a somewhat lumpy idle up to about 2k?

Once past the 2.5k mark it tries to throw me out of the rear window... burnout.gif
Aaron Cox
:toldyouyouwouldloveit:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.