Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T What would you keep?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
We are kicking the idea of converting the shop into a workout building. With both boys into sports and my girl wanting to take up sports we are thinking a home work out area would pay off. I would sell off some of my shop stuff I dont use that much to make room for excersize stuff.
I have
welder
cherry picker that has fold up legs
engine stand
motorcycle lift
ramps
jack stands
parts cart
pit cart

I just need to figure out what big items to get rid of to have room to work out.
Allan
I vote to get rid of the cherry picker, motorcycle lift and ramps...
So.Cal.914
Type of welder and how much?
spare time toys
I have to move stuff around next weekend and then Ill see what I can keep and what must go. Its a Lincoln wire feed.
JPB
Why sell when a shed would store that stuff easily. Ya might need them in the future since you got them for a reason in the past? Once the weight bench starts to collect dust ya just swap the items around from shed to garage and resume your auto passions. Unless ya got the stuff at a super bargain, ya ain't gonna get your money's worth.

beer.gif Gimme storage facility please!
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 13 2006, 04:46 PM) *

Why sell when a shed would store that stuff easily. Ya might need them in the future since you got them for a reason in the past? Unless ya got the stuff at a super bargain, ya ain't gonna get your money's worth.

Smart man! agree.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 13 2006, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Aug 13 2006, 04:46 PM) *

Why sell when a shed would store that stuff easily. Ya might need them in the future since you got them for a reason in the past? Unless ya got the stuff at a super bargain, ya ain't gonna get your money's worth.

Smart man! agree.gif

smiley_notworthy.gif
+1 more
maf914
Oh yeah, good suggestions. In other words, don't sell anything, just get more stuff. Your wife will see the logic. No, really, she will! laugh.gif
fiid
I agree with the others. I'd store the stuff. Is there the possibility of building another building/shed to house the exercise stuff? or perhaps an attic to store the shop stuff?
drive-ability
Sell the kids av-943.gif
Well maybe not poke.gif
Find a place to store the stuff, or you will be buying it later for sure.
What ever you do keep mom happy boldblue.gif
nomore9one4
You could just buy a bigger house. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
yea, put it in storage, man...if I didn't already have a full garage, you could store some at my place...
balljoint
There is the answer right there. Find a friend(s) that you could loan some of these items to for an indefinate period of time. That way you can always borrow them back. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.