Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these two parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
What are the two reddish items on the left and the black item on the right (I'm guessing engine cooling tin but...)?

Click to view attachment
Air_Cooled_Nut
Aw crap, the moment I saw the post go up I think I figured out the red items...rear trunk hinge pivots, right? The original units broke free and I welded them for the time being until I can give them a real fix.
Allan
The ones on the left look like the rear trunk pivot points and the one on the right looks like a warm air guide...
skline
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 13 2006, 04:34 PM) *

Aw crap, the moment I saw the post go up I think I figured out the red items...rear trunk hinge pivots, right? The original units broke free and I welded them for the time being until I can give them a real fix.

You are correct, the red parts are new replacement hinge pivots for the rear trunk. The other piece looks like a modified piece of a heat guide plate or something.
JeffBowlsby
The black piece, is the cover plate for the e-brake yoke behind the drivers seat...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 13 2006, 04:50 PM) *

The black piece, is the cover plate for the e-brake yoke behind the drivers seat...

agree.gif

covers the 2 cables where they meet the single cable from the handbrake
SirAndy
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 13 2006, 05:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 13 2006, 04:50 PM) *

agree.gif

covers the 2 cables where they meet the single cable from the handbrake

agree.gif and the two red ones are the trunk hinge pivots ...
Air_Cooled_Nut
Thanks guys! I eventually plan on going with the JWest hinge pivots so these aren't of much use to me. I'll have to check if my cables are covered or not wink.gif Thanks!!
McMark
Let me know how much you want for the trunk pivots. I'll buy 'em off ya.
Chris Pincetich
Restoration Design makes trunk hinge pivots that can be welded in, but those up there you got have red primer not grey, and I remember seeing a bunch of "genuine NOS" porsche parts at the Parts Heaven swap and they were all brick red primer too. Those *might* be NOS replacements.

Now I'm really curious about that ebrake cable cover, I'm going to have to look into that - I am doing a restoration on my ebrake lever and never knew this piece existed. Maybe it is for '73+ only cars and my '72 body does not have the mounting holes from the factory?? I might have to move this ? to the CW section. beerchug.gif
mills914/s
I have one behind the drivers seat on my 75 covers the e brake cable.
carr914
The ebrake cover was in the 74 I converted to a 6. I remember taking it out and I still have it.

T.C.
watsonrx13
Here's a link to my website showing the installation...

Here's a quick pic of it installed behind the driver's seat....

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
dflesburg
This is my favorite game!!! Lets do more!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.