Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most awesome Autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Joe Ricard
This is the second time Barry and I have been to Wiregrass region SCCA.

This time I drove the little red 72. We threw on some hammered Yokohama AVS ES100 in a 195/60-15 mounted on Empi's Talk about no grip. Actually a great training/ refresher course for my corrupted "race tire mentality"

I think I managed to properly apply a whooping to the other DSP competition that were running DOT R tires.

Anyway Got to give a shout out and whack on the back of the noggin slap.gif to Barry for letting me thrash his car. He also managed at least 2 or 3 clean runs by the end of the day.
Got a bunch faster and I think he's got the bug now. beer.gif
I'll get some pictures posted after loading them up tonight.

Oh and did ya'll know that Advance FLAPS is open on Sunday night? Broke a freaking altenator belt heading out of town last night. Barry is a true parts guy as he expertly went got a belt and delivered it to me as I limped back to the house. 10 minutes I was back on the road.

YOU ROCK DUDE aktion035.gif
Joe Ricard
Oh and we stopped by Hooters and hired some tire Monkey's

What do ya think?
72914S
I was just about to post those same pictures. What a good time we had,and the autocross was fun too. A BIG hand to Joe for being my co-driver with out his guiding eye I`m not sure if there would have been a clean run for me! As it was there where 3 OR 4 good ones,I think.Each time was faster for me.Still about 7 seconds slower than Joe(in my car). Really fun seeing what the car was made for!!! Oh by the way here are the Hooter girls by the red car.
Joe Ricard
Barry will probably never wash his passenger door again. Got a cute booty mark on it.
72914S
I`m waiting for cole to e-mail the results of the event,so we can look at our times.
As I said before what a great time it was,can`t wait to do it again.
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(72914S @ Aug 16 2006, 09:43 AM) *

I`m waiting for cole to e-mail the results of the event,so we can look at our times.
As I said before what a great time it was,can`t wait to do it again.

Well There is Columbus Mississippi in two weeks burnout.gif

All my videos are too large to down load. Sure is different to watch what was going on afterwards.

When I thought I was really getting all I could and driving the right line showed I was sliding and using part throttle. and could have been setting up better for the key cones.
confused24.gif

Plus street tires with my suspension is like driving on ice. Videos show lots of ass end trying to pass the front end. I was getting better at catching and keeping up with slides better. Yes I did over drive some spots but hey they were fun runs.
72914S
Not sure what happened to my car on the way home. Did some checking on the wire I thought went bad but it apeers to be ok.Battery was dead from running the flashers(2+ hours)waiting for the tow truck. Let me tell you about the fire ants along I 10.Sure glad I had a cooler with ice and sodas.I`ll be looking at the car this week-end,So until then I really don`t want to guess(knocking on wood),but there was some smoke as I coasted to a stop.It`s full of oil and the belt is good.
Joe Ricard
Smoke is never a good thing. But then again you may have killed the weak link to the D-jet system. Let me know what you need I think I still have a nearly complete FI system in a box.
I figured out from the results that I got 5th in the street tire class on my 1st run in my car. If I wasn't having so much fun drifting and purposely sliding (I mean practicing) I would have done better.
Brett W
Hey, Joe, thems some mighty nice "wheels" you got there.
Joe Ricard
Yea I bought them from this guy that I buy parts from all the time.

You might know him.

Hey what else ya got? Still looking for some light strong rods for 71mm stroke. 24mm wrist pin.
Brett W
Most of the stuff I have left is body, interior, and suspension parts. I am so glad to be out of the T4 business. Either go big six or find some water.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.