Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: news to the availability of GTs, LEs and SLs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
As a result of intensive research to the topic of the headline I now can present some interesting news. Now that I've got some scans from a german collector / friend from german MY'74 and MY'75 price lists it gets more and more interesting.
As always at historic research, we've found some answers, but there also came up new questions.
On the one hand we see that the "Grand-Tourisme-Ausstattung" (M471 = Limited Edition) occured during MY'74 - on the other hand I'm really surprised that it was still available in April 1975. Remember, from August 1974 on the cars had the new bumper style ...

o.k. - here we go

at first 2 pics to show you how the price lists look like, and how the 3 pages fold together
the following scans show the complete front side and then the complete back side

Gustl
1st

Model Year 1974
valid from August 15, 1973

print# 1040.11

there is no option M471 listed

Gustl
2nd

Model Year 1974
valid from May 13, 1974

print# 1045.11

option M471 listed
Gustl
3nd

Model Year 1975
valid from August 26, 1974

print# 1060.11

option M471 listed
Gustl
4th

Model Year 1975
valid from January 2, 1975

print# 1063.11

option M471 listed - price raised up
Gustl
5th

Model Year 1975
valid from April 7, 1975

print# 1066.11

option M471 listed - price raised up again
Jacco
Cool stuff man!

I love these old docs very interesting to read through. I've also got an old pricelist from Pon Porsche dated december 1969 which shows the sportomatic also as an option on the 'regular' 4 banger model.

OT idea.gif these dealer options lists could also clear another issue where people are discussing on which side the antenna is mounted, the official location according to these documents should be left.

anyway, thanks for sharing!

greets
Jacco
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jacco @ Aug 14 2006, 12:26 PM) *

OT idea.gif these dealer options lists could also clear another issue where people are discussing on which side the antenna is mounted, the official location according to these documents should be left.

agree.gif the documents clearly state that the antenna should be mounted on the left (driver) side ...

very interesting ...
idea.gif Andy
JeffBowlsby
Wolfgang, this is a phenomenal amount of information that will take me a little while to get through...there is some really interesting information here...thanks for posting these.
Eric_Shea
Remarkable Wolfgang beerchug.gif
bjorn jacobson
So, was the M471 post six option for the four cyl.cars or is this an engine upgrade as well?
SirAndy
QUOTE(bjorn jacobson @ Aug 14 2006, 07:56 PM) *

So, was the M471 post six option for the four cyl.cars or is this an engine upgrade as well?

both are utterly unrelated ... to very different beasts that happen to share the same number ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
bjorn jacobson
I was thinking of the '75 or '76 that had the six with flares factory installed. In these brochures M471 refers to the '74 style LE? Or is this something completley different?
Bleyseng
looks like the GT for 75 is the LE spoiler, front and rear sways and lightweight rims....
Gustl
QUOTE(bjorn jacobson @ Aug 15 2006, 05:20 AM) *

I was thinking of the '75 or '76 that had the six with flares factory installed. In these brochures M471 refers to the '74 style LE? Or is this something completley different?

no - the car you're thinking about is an absolutely special built thing from the factory
it doesn't even exist officially
all we know about it is that single b/w photo out of the DGVWPB

IPB Image

but the price lists refer to optional packages which were available on the 914-4 cars from 1974 and 75
in Europe they called it the "Grand-Tourisme-Ausstattung" (GT package) - in the States it's known as the Limited Edition package

as you can see at the lists, it occured half way in MY'74
but it seems that these cars didn't sell very well, because they were still available in MY'75 - when the standard 914 looked different (bumpers)

remember - the option code is always to see in combination with the model and the MY
M471 was also available on the 911 ... and it was a sports equipment package, too!
so, don't mix the M471 package from the 1971 914-6 with the M471 package from the 1974 914-4 wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 15 2006, 04:28 AM) *

Wolfgang, this is a phenomenal amount of information that will take me a little while to get through...there is some really interesting information here...thanks for posting these.

Jeff, did you realize my addition to your other thread?

Got 914 Optional Equipment codes?

wink.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.