Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto transport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ztbell
Has anyone used a car hauler company ? any suggestions or preferances ?
got to get 914 home! burnout.gif

thx ZB
lapuwali
I've had good luck with Kiwi's Karriers. They mostly do open trailer transport. I've used them about 5 times now.
Brian_Boss
I have used Intercity Lines and the service was spectacular. Not the cheapest but, if you want to be absolutely sure your car arrives undamaged, they are tough to beat.
zen motorcycle
I used Specialty auto Systems they are out of Ohio and did a spectacular job. Here is a link to some reviews

http://www.transportreviews.com/company/Sp...ile-Systems.asp
Trevorg7
Do not use Car-Go Auto Transporters out of PHX. They damaged my 914 nearly two years ago and still haven't paid.

T
ztbell
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Aug 15 2006, 10:15 AM) *

Do not use Car-Go Auto Transporters out of PHX. They damaged my 914 nearly two years ago and still haven't paid.

T
Thanks for the info, I'll stay away from them,
ZB
914rrr
Open transport is OK, as long as the car isn't pristine/mint. If it comes any distance at all , it will probably get filthy. Biggest issue is to make sure they have and use tire straps to secure the car, NOT hooks and chains. Ask me how I know... dry.gif
pfierb
Ask for references and be sure you get an ETA from them or your car could be on the trailer for eons.
IanStott
Mr880phil@aol.com is a friend of mine, he travels all over the place. His trailer is open, he is an older gentleman that cares about cars and when he says he will do something he does it. I have no idea what his prices are, just know he is reliable and cares about his reputation. He is located in New Jersey but that doesn't seem to matter as he is often far away from there and looking for a load.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.