Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comments on 914-6 FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
T/R racer
Looking for my first 914 or 914-6. Any comments on this 6 appearing in classifieds.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=58583
Bleyseng
Looks pretty good in the pics. Need some shot of the hellhole and other rusty prone areas...what engine work has been done???

Infamous color change to black.......atleast its not to Guards Red.
Eric_Shea
welcome.png

Whereabouts in MI? Grew up in Lansing and Eaton Rapids.

Looks nice but there's been a good deal done to the car. You always wonder who was at the helm... not trying to shoot it down. Again, looks nice. There are a few here who can do a PPI for you in that neck of the woods.

The only areas of concern I see from the ad are as mentioned:

Color change - What prompted that?
I know it's nice to have a movable passengers seat but, that's a hefty mod (welding, new interior pieces etc.). Could have been done right. confused24.gif
Stock Aircleaner box? Does it come with the car?
ANY RUST REPAIR? Get details.
Any Engine work?
-6 Engine number?
Stock 2.0?
Eric_Shea
Love the T/R thing BTW. Little known ride wink.gif
brant
your golden.
I know the car
previous owner about 18 months ago was carl feghali from grand junction

he had 4 914/6 cars at the time he sold that
3 real and 1 race car conversion
a true guru

has a max moritz GT-6 copy car right now with M471 parts and a real 906 spec motor (twin plug 9000rpm)

very very knowledgeable guy
I'll dig up a picture of the vintage car

but regarding the black car.
its truely rust free.
he sold it cheap because he had 4 of them and was cutting back to just one due to having a newborn and needing to cut way back

its legit.
most of the work done by AJRS in grand junction.

there used to be a thread with 30 or so pictures of the car that I posted for carl. try the search feature, although it might have been deleted by now since it was a classified.

I can put you in contact with Carl if that would help.
also I think the current owner paid for an AJRS pre-purchase inspection 18 months ago too.

Nice car!
brant
Joe Bob
Looks nice...thin on pics and information.....call him for more specs, call the PO....hop a flight and visit in person.
brant
Lots of pictures of Carl's (the PO) other car that he kept and still races:
brant
and:
So.Cal.914
Looks real nice to me and with that ringing indorsement sounds like it may be a winner.
brant
and:
brant
Carl is registered (but not active) here
his screen name is something like 19146gt......?

anyways last one:
Gustl
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 15 2006, 06:13 AM) *

has a max moritz GT-6 copy car right now with M471 parts and a real 906 spec motor (twin plug 9000rpm)

well, it's not a Max Moritz copy ... the car's original colour is metallic green (as you can see on the pics)
Max Moritz cars were conda green - that's a big difference

here's the engine

LvSteveH
This is one of those times when I have to admit to myself that there must be something better to do with my brain than remember information about other people’s cars.

If this is the one from colorado that at one time had a different set of side mirrors, and the extra holes are plugged with black caps, then the previous owner was very solid as Brant said. He seemed more concerned about disclosing what he knew about the car than trying to get every last penny he could out of it. I recall seeing some other very nice P cars in the background of the pics. If you are looking for a car you can drive, but still have the collectability of a real six, this one would be hard to beat.

T/R racer
All great background on the vehicle. Thanks. You nailed what I am looking for something with collectability, but I can drive also. Paint change is a concern, but it looks so good in black.

Eric, you're right a T/R is a little known ride. Were you just at the new Utah track, Miller Motorsports, when HSR ran a week ago? I didn't make the haul (big bucks from the east coast) but it sounded like a great track and a nice race weekend.
Eric_Shea
Were you just at the new Utah track, Miller Motorsports, when HSR ran a week ago?

I was... check the pictures in this THREAD
T/R racer
Eric,
The photos you posted from Miller Motorsports were great. I wasn"t involved with this forum then. I keep my car with Klub Sports in Palm Beach, who sponsor the Klub Sport Challenge that is run every Friday of HSR race weekends. Most of those cars and drivers I know well and drive against often. The orange #59 is Frank Beck out of Phoenix. The #9 914 is Tim Lewis from Boca Raton, FL, and #14 is his son, Tim Lewis Jr., who is extremely quick. Tim Jr ran the 24 hrs this year and finished real well. In the east coast races (Daytona, Sebring, Road Atlanta, etc) we will get 40-50 2.0 litre Porsches running in the Klub Sport race. The competition is incredible and we get some pros running with us, i.e., Elliott Forbes Robinson, Eric Lux, Jack Baldwin and before Grand Am, Hurley Haywood. Highly competitive series requiring big bucks unless you want to run in the middle like I do. It is great racing and probably the most highly competitive vintage series in the country.
Eric_Shea
Thanks Jim,

Frank and Tim Jr. are absolute monsters. Tim Jr. took the Klub Sport Challenge on Thursday but Frank got him on Saturday. Frank is running a 2.0 (if you wanna call it that) twin plug and Tim Jr. had a 2.5. If you check the 2nd page of that thread there was a video link showing those two guys hitting turn one about 4 seconds in front of the pack... that was the first lap! Elliott was there as well. He was in the white 914 with the trick gearbox.

I'd just be happy to be out there running with those cats. I could come in dead last every race with a big-ass grin on my face.

For all the big brake fans out there... all those race cars that were pulling 3:14 around the 4.5 mile circuit in the 2.0 and 2.5 class had S-Calipers up front and M-Calipers out back. Werd tongue.gif

(how big do YOU have to go again?) lol3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.