Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Iamchappy Turbo car update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I got the long awaited call from my engine builder that the engines boldblue.gif done " WoooHooo"!.
pete-stevers
thats what you say.....
i don't see an engine..... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

biggrin.gif
lotus_65
HEY! great news!
no drama during the build, or you don't want to reveal...

hows the body and paint? give us something to look at!!!!!!!!!!

paul
MecGen
Bro

You know its comming....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Later
beerchug.gif
iamchappy
Nothing to show you yet, I have been busy finishing a painting for the Federal duck stamp contest which is due tomorrow, long hours........ put me behind on other projects.
The doors, rockers and valance are done, and the body gets the makeover next week.

I promise, next week I am going to start in on the car pics will follow.
Here is it in the shop when they were assembling.
Here is a shot of my 930 intake and eurohead fuel distributor.
So.Cal.914
Pictease.
TeamAxisRacing
man you had me going there for a second. that airfiler looked like you had a carb setup on the manifold i was about to *puke* but im ok now wink.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 14 2006, 09:34 PM) *

Nothing to show you yet, I have been busy finishing a painting for the Federal duck stamp contest which is due tomorrow

Isn't that what the husband did in Fargo?

Mueller
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Aug 14 2006, 10:32 PM) *

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 14 2006, 09:34 PM) *

Nothing to show you yet, I have been busy finishing a painting for the Federal duck stamp contest which is due tomorrow

Isn't that what the husband did in Fargo?

Hopefully Chappys will be more that 1 cent smile.gif

what is that fitting for on top of the airfilter???
Joe Ricard

what is that fitting for on top of the airfilter???
[/quote]

Snorkle for the float test. happy11.gif

So you are using CIS and turbo. COOL.
iamchappy
Fitting is for the fuel tank vent. I checked into different air filters for the 930 intake, the stock one was huge and the aftermarkets to expensive, one of the Pelicans pointed me towards the air cleaner mod and it cost less than 20 bucks.

In Minnesota painting ducks stamps is what everyone does for a living, thats why something like 13 of the last 17 Federal ducks stamps were won by Minnesota artists!

Believe it or not, there are guys that depend on winning a stamp contest as there sole income. I have been very fortunate over the past 15 years with 5 stamp designs, I never go into it thinking i'm going to win but am always hopeful. When you win one you cant compete for two years and after you win two you have to sit out four. After last years three wins I'm now having to sit out four years in the Minnesota contests.

Im finishing my Federal painting today ( Wood Ducks ) and then on to the car. I hope to have it up and running and all sorted out so Qarl can use it when he comes and visits me in October.

Im taking him hunting ( I wish he would drive up the Hummer ) it would be nice to see one actually used for something other than a grocery getter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.