Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building cars with other cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Wow.

While building one slightly modified street/track/AX car it is very interesting to see where the parts go to...
Heeltoe914-Leamon, two Corbeau race seats....southern Cal
Midtowner-Erik, SSIs and Bursch....Cupertino/Sunnyvale Nor Cal
KenH, door pockets and arm rests....Morgan Hill Norcal
BillD, retractable seat belts....Palo Alto Norcal
Gonflyn, rear Boge shocks and 140# springs...So Cal
race914-Greg, Vitilloni mirror stuff....central coast Cal

And I still have other stuff other stuff left.
I hope the parts that have come from my one little car give the folks that got them much pleasure as they restore/drive/race their cars.
Aaron Cox
ask bill pickering about the migration of his old track wheels.... LOL

and headrage, about the evolution of his six cylinder.... slits, toast, skline, rootwerks, boxstr, headrage
DanT
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 14 2006, 10:23 PM) *

and headrage, about the evolution of his six cylinder.... slits, toast, skline, rootwerks, boxstr, headrage

I know most of the history of Bill's wheels....that was kind of the point of my post.

As some of us build racey type cars...those other among us that want to restore their cars for street duties are able to use our now unneeded items to make their cars better.
So.Cal.914
And it is nice to have the parts available because some are a bugger to find.
neo914-6

Are you talking about the cookies or his Fikse? You don't have the cookies anymore? I still have a set with cantilever Hoosiers...

From his car, the from HPH flared fenders went to Andyrew, the rears fenders and lids to Alberto. I sold and bought alot of parts with members...
SirAndy
some of jenny's wrecked orange car still lives happily in mine ...

then there's all the stuff i got from bill p., trackwheels & tires (twice!), a little 3.6L motor, a spare 901 jada jada jada ...

got butch's old track 901 in the car right now that came out of tigger ...

the current 1.7L from fiid ...

both seats, one door, targa top are all from donor 914s out of the all914 parts stash ...

my complete front suspension and the rear 911 stuff is from a white '84 carrera that is still up on a lift at EASY (well, what's left of it) ...

complete new main wire harness, taillight housings and lenses from EASY ...

then there's all that little crap, too much to list here, most of it came from EASY or brad or HPH ...

besides the actual body, i'd say there's only about 5% of the original parts left on the car ...
smash.gif Andy

PS: one of the few things left that was on the car when i bought it is the near perfect main windshield frame seal that the PO had bought ...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Aug 15 2006, 12:04 AM) *

Are you talking about the cookies or his Fikse? You don't have the cookies anymore? I still have a set with cantilever Hoosiers...

From his car, the from HPH flared fenders went to Andyrew, the rears fenders and lids to Alberto. I sold and bought alot of parts with members...

still got em!

the yokos got sp;it up. i kept a pair of 225's and traded a set to doug C for a set of 205's from tire rack.....

so the yokos are on my fuchs, and the cookie cutters are now armed with A032R rubber from "scott" in redwood....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.