Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened to MWC '06?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledboy
I haven't been around here as much as usual lately, so it slipped my mind until yesterday. I was wearing my MWC '05 shirt, and I noticed the dates from 05 were at the begining of August. sad.gif

It has always been a great event, and it gets certain lurkers out into the day light. ( cough Rich, cough, cough YIKES cough) poke.gif

I guess no go this year eh? Wha' happen? confused24.gif
seanery
Chris,
they heard you were showing up and cancelled the event. laugh.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 15 2006, 03:23 PM) *

Chris,
they heard you were showing up and cancelled the event. laugh.gif

AGAIN! headbang.gif Son of a. . . . .

You know, one time a guy runs through the hotel naked and drunk yelling "NARP OWNERS UNITE!!!" and you guys never forgive.
TJB/914
Aircooledboy (Chris) & Others.

Thanks for remembering past MidWest Classic events. I am sad to say there will be no MWC in 2006. Remember MWC-2005 with (50) plus 914's.

Early this year our leader (Hawk) left the group and SMOGer's now need new leadership. Everyone is extremely busy with life & family and no one has the time to take over. It takes a year advance planning for MWC-2006 & when this happened we could not put something together in the short term. We truly miss Hawk pray.gif and need someone who has the time in 2007 & beyond. Hawk was a world class leader & or now SMOG is still there waiting for new leadership. As for me, I don't have the time with family & business commitments. I always help with my available time, but can't take on the whole responsibilty. We have a wonderful group of 914er's and lots of beautiful cars. It will happen in time, but for now be patient. yellowsleep[1].gif

Tom
BTW: I noticed another leader missing in action. Wonder what happened to Curvie Road Glue (Please check in Tom Mulcrome)???? You know the guy who thought he saw a Grasshopper!!!!
Brad Roberts
We do need someone to step up.

I'm slowly getting someone in place to help us coordinate ALL the "Classic" events. A person who will help nail down sponsors for 3 major events a year and 2-3 minor events. This person will assist with financials/logistics.. so forth and so on.

MWC has had some AWESOME events. Hate to see this go away so easily.

B
aircooledboy
sad.gif

It was a great time. Even the wife was looking forward to it. Extremely well run, great turn out, great cars, nice location and super good folks. Hell, even the hotel staff was nice to me after I apologized for the whole "Naked NARP Run" fiasco. (For the record, I SWEAR it was Brenneman's idea. av-943.gif )

What is the story behind Hawk's bow-out?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I am presently working on this. I have a guy to head it up next year. When everything is tyed up the anouncement will be made. MWC 07 Dave
GWN7
Curvie Roadlover has been MIA for about 6 months sad.gif

Hope everything is ok with him.
Mark Henry
My take on shows

It is a lot of work....many cry that there is no show and/or I have heard many "if I was running the show" comments...then they scurry like rats when told to put-up or shut-up.

Without Allan Mayhew (ajracer) and Paul Gunn (turbopaul) and a few others the Por'volks show would be dead. The guys who put on a show like these deserve a round of applause.
TJB/914
Mark you hit the nail on the head. These guys are the glue that holds the group together. This club is full of talent & we should appreciate them (Andy's, Brad's, etc. etc.) more.

Glad to hear Barber Dave is looking at another MWC. For those that don't know, Dave is the original leader of our first Mid-West Meet in Toledo, OH. Let us help you Dave when your ready. We got workers, just need a leader.

Tom
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Aug 15 2006, 03:35 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif
I am presently working on this. I have a guy to head it up next year. When everything is tyed up the anouncement will be made. MWC 07 Dave

Dave and I talked about this here at our BBQ the other week. We ( Julie & I) are willing to step up and see what we could do for a MWC07. I have a location in mind just need to see about hotels and food places...... If and I say IF, we can pull it together it could be in Indiana in 07.

So there the cat is out of the bag, once I get some more info on locations, costs and such I will talk with Dave and admins in power to see what they think. Stay tuned....... I will keep you posted.
GeorgeRud
Time is always short, and it's hard to find extra to devote to these events, but I would love to see another MWC, had a great time at the 2005 event. My mom passed just before the Indiana picnic, so I wasn't able to attend this year.

We have to unite to show those California boys and girls what nice 914s are. The only difference is that our driving season is not quite as long. Hopefully by next year, one of the Tollways or Skyways around here will actually be drivable again and we can get a group together. I never realized how beautiful the Ann Arbor area of Michigan is until last year's MWC, so I'd love to discover some other midwest gems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.