Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And Then There Were Two
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
It's official. My dad bought another 914 (1973 1.7). Unlike GTEENER, this car is in original condition.

He just drove it up from Southern California today and called me to tell me he's in love. I haven't driven a 4 banger since I had John Larson do my 6 conversion in 1999.

Don't ask me why we need another 914, but at WCC he was determined to buy one. screwy.gif Clearly they are an addiction!
Trekkor
Looks really nice.

KT
VegasRacer
Clean car. thumb3d.gif Congrats. piratenanner.gif
JoeSharp
Don't ask me why we need another 914, but at WCC he was determined to buy one. screwy.gif Clearly they are an addiction!

I cured my buing problems of 914's.

I found that if you take a wire brush and colect the fine dust it dose not clog the needle.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
GTeener
He said it ran strong, shifted smoothly and didn't squeak. But then again he was driving with the Targa top off. He has a lot to learn still about where the squeaks come from wink.gif
davep
"And Then There Were Two" Ah, the thin edge of the wedge has grown. Did you know that owning 914's tends to be sort of an inverse half-life. It takes less and less time to acquire the next one.
balljoint
You should check under both cars and find out if you have two boys, two girls or one of each. If one of each then you should keep them separated when you are not around. stan.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 15 2006, 05:56 PM) *

You should check under both cars and find out if you have two boys, two girls or one of each. If one of each then you should keep them separated when you are not around. stan.gif

He's right, my 71 and 72 made a 74.
Heeltoe914
I went away for 5 weeks only to return to 7 914 in my yard. Thank God for the 914club Classifieds. Down to 6. But eyes are open.
SGB
that one does look, uh, randy, with it's droopy eyed look. Very unusual front turn signal lenses there.
GTeener
QUOTE(balljoint @ Aug 15 2006, 05:56 PM) *

av-943.gif
Thanks for the advice!
GTeener
QUOTE(SGB @ Aug 15 2006, 07:43 PM) *

Very unusual front turn signal lenses there.

What's so unusual about European turn signals? confused24.gif

I like the look, but GTEENER didn't come with them and I have bigger improvement issues to focus on idea.gif
SGB
the lenses look to be white at the top and bottom, Euro lense I have seen were yellow at the bottom. Or maybe I was halucinating (again)...
ptravnic
Italian front lenses were all clear - no amber at all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.