Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expensive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
WOW!
echocanyons
never seen wheel well guard mud flaps like that before
redshift
It was completely re worked to meet new tougher USA safety and emission standards.

The technology and design of this car came after thousands of 914's sold and raced since 1970.

This car has all the best features, finishing and fun. Available on 1975 and 1976 models only.

I believe this makes them the most collectible years.

This car was codesigned by the US government, built in the twilight years, has fun, an option only available on the twilight years, and this guy believes anything he says.

smile.gif

It's pretty, I wouldn't pay anyone for that story.

M
JeffBowlsby
This car has a number of what would be serious 'problems'...non-original issues. Lets start a list and poke holes in how much this car is really worth. Its pretty clean...but to be sure its not that nice. How many can you find?

Hey I'll be first.

1. Non-75 dash gauges, which had black centers, not silver.

Next?
ArtechnikA
looks to be a very nice car, and examples like this bring the classic difference between 'worth' and 'value.' it's probably 'worth' that, as a low-mile original car - if the no-rust is as claimed - to a collector or museum. not a lot of those buying, these days, i bet... attendance has been way down at my museum, so i won't be adding any more exhibits just now ...
dsmeyer
That's not a 2.0 engine... wrong fuel injection and spark plug location!
IPB Image
redshift
hah!

I didn't get that far, so many driver's side pictures, didn't notice the battery was also a Porsche!

M
dsmeyer
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Oct 22 2003, 09:45 AM)
This car has a number of what would be serious 'problems'...non-original issues.  Lets start a list and poke holes in how much this car is really worth.  Its pretty clean...but to be sure its not that nice.  How many can you find?

Hey I'll be first.

1.  Non-75 dash gauges, which had black centers, not silver.

Next?

If the gauges are non-'75, then the low mileage speedo would also be suspect.
IPB Image
dsmeyer
Didn't all 2.0 914s come with sway bars front and rear?
IPB Image
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(dsmeyer @ Oct 22 2003, 06:07 AM)
Didn't all 2.0 914s come with sway bars front and rear?

no
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(dsmeyer @ Oct 22 2003, 06:04 AM)
If the gauges are non-'75, then the low mileage speedo would also be suspect.

that's one for our Canadian friends - did CA cars come with Km/h speedos ?
Chris H.
Being the proud owner of a '75 I will add a couple:

1. What's with the gold badging? There was never a gold "2.0" badge and the PORSCHE lettering should be silver too.

2. The seat pattern looks like '73-'74 style. I am getting the impression there was a '73 donor car involved in this.... gauges, upholstery, etc...

3. To echo a previous comment, that engine has L-Jet. What's up with that?

I love the color though! And it is rust free apparently.
McMark
It says' right in the description that it's a 1.8 and they added the 2.0 badging for the nice contrast between gold and green. They're not claiming it's a 2.0. It does look like the engine bay has been painted non-metallic (looks like rattle can). The mount bar shouldn't be painted.
philinjax
The front trunk lid is misaligned. Looks like it may have suffered a slight front end bang when parking, pushing the lid back and slightly bending the front of the trunk body back. A quarter inch will do it. I've had to fix several of these misalignments in the past.

Also, the doors and rear trunk are not perfectly aligned. I wonder if it would leak in the rain.

It's a nice car but, 14K$, no way. It's a little too suspect considering all of the work done on it. I think a good price might be $9K$. But here's the deal, somebody that really wants a nice teener and doesn't know the much about them, might buy it at the asking price. Hey, business is business and love is bullcrap.

Phil
Joe Bob
Stickers on the hubcaps and the spare wheel has a nice little divot in the lip.....
boxstr
If this is an original 21K mile car, why have so many parts been changed, to the tune of $20,000, sellers claim. If the gauges are non original then how do you know the mileage showing is correct. Whay is the trans and motor out of the car at 21K miles.
CCLINRODCHILD
davep
No, Canadian cars had Miles as the only guage. Most had a rear window defrost though.
This is a really rare car though judging by the picture of the trans. A right-left transposition somehow.

DaveP
TonyAKAVW
Not to mention that the oil filter is on the wrong side. That must have been quite a feat of engineering to manage all that. blink.gif
ChrisReale
I stopped looking when I saw the early gauges. 21K miles my ass, maybe on that gauge!
grantsfo
This is hilarious! A 1.8 pieced together and rebadged to a 2.0 "collector car"

Theres no way this car has 21,000 miles. Carpets are aftermarket, lots of parts replaced, non OEM muffler, tons of spray paint (you can see where cables were taped), misaligned trunks. Check out those shocks KYB? with lots dirty oil, Steel wheels on car when its up on blocks. ..and how much do you want to bet this car has been bondo'd and resprayed! Yee Haw!

I bought my 74 1.8 with about 38K miles and it still has all original carpets, Underside of my car was and still is much cleaner than this so called museum piece!
RustyWa
Nice color!! laugh.gif

The paint color, under the car, looks to be about the same application quality as mine. The top coat is fairly thin under there, so a lot of the primer shows through.

So to me, the paint application under the car looks like it hasn't been touched..except for the spots of black spray paint.

But then again...we are all looking at shitty pictures...
Kargeek
Interesting why someone would try and pass it off as all origional. Look at the seats, one has factory heat sealed seams in the pleats and the other is stiched. Carpet is aftermarket. Oh well, buyer beware.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.