Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Engine Conversion FAQ out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dion9146
I'll admit, I have just started scouring the archives and recent posts for additional information regarding this subject, so if someone has the quick answer already please point me to a link or a book or something.

I'm just finishing up the initial road testing and breakin period on my early 2.0 -6 conversion. The engine is running great, it has good pull (although I need to correct an intake leak and a rich condition) and is definitely faster than any of my previous 4 bangers and fast enough to get me in trouble. However, the torque monster and horsepower bug have bit me in the arse. Instead of selling the car and moving on to a late model tail dragger or even a Cobra (which I have considered building recently), my Wife thinks it would be fun to up the displacement and throw in anything from a 2.7 to a 3.6. ---I love my Wife....

Now I know there are lots of differences in that little range and each one of those engine choices has its own little checklist that goes along with it. And I also realize that with enough time, money, effort and creativity, we can just about mount any Porsche 6 in one of these babies. What I'm trying to understand is all of the choices, options and requirements to run each of these engines. I've been eagerly scouring all of the great blogs and conversion threads out there, but it has gotten a tad confusing when trying to evaluate what the best conversion option is for my car's future. chowtime.gif

It would be cool to create some kind of matrix checklist of the options and requirements for each engine. Everything from which tranny/flywheel combintation to what ecu is needed for all of the FI setups or maybe which engine/carb combinations make the most sense. Some of this was triggered by a couple of recent threads where some of our resident experts rattled off these options and requirements for a given engine like they are talking in their sleep. This would be great knowledge to get on paper and into an FAQ for the site, again if it hasn't already been done.

I'd even be willing to assemble such a document, but I'm looking for the collective knowledge out there to help get me started. Any willing volunteers? If so, please add to this post, send me PM's or email and I will start gathering the data.

Or, if this is a stupid idea, just have an admin delete the post....

Dion
lapuwali
Classic Threads, it's there already, along with V8 and Soob conversion FAQs. If you have any comments on editing it, I'm all ears.
dion9146
Thanks James, guess I haven't been looking hard enough.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.