Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A quick question that needs asking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Blargh
Right, finally got my car back together (with help from a friend of mine) But theres only one problem....

The car smokes like crazy! Obviously it's burning oil (lots of oil) as it comes right out of the tail pipe... Now the thing is... I drain the oil and there's gas in it, lots of gas in fact about 1/8 of it is gas

Can anybody help me?
ejm
Do you have carbs or FI? Maybe a stuck float if you have carbs, a stuck injector or cold start valve if its FI

Allan
If you're running FI and just put everything back together did you make sure the fuel pressure regulator is in right?

When I put mine back together it started and ran fine at first then I couldn't get it started.

Luckily Clayton looked down into the plenumn before we tried any more because he found over a pint of raw fuel.

The pressure at the feed side of the regulator pegged a meter at 160 lbs and was forcing fuel through the cold start valve...
Blargh
Thanks, I'll check the cold start injectors and the pressure sensor. I'll get back to you guys
Blargh
Also, the car would flood

I could let it run and it would kind of struggle... but driving it would flood it, and I would have to wait several minutes to start it again....

Just adding to the problem list to help out
Scott-thundercat
any update on what you found? this is going on with me now.
Bruce Allert
If it's injected you might have some vacuum hoses in the wrong places. This will cause a smokey effect.

....b
Scott-thundercat
really? like which ones switched will do this?
Bruce Allert
I can't recall which are the culprits. Do a search on vacuum hose connections. I'm sure the answer will pop up unless someone "In the Know" chimes in. There are some diagrams of vacuum hose connections floating around too. Pelican has some.

I have one that has most correct connectinos but some are shown as wrong and it's a wee bit hard to follow.

......b

Scott-thundercat
damn! all the vacuum hoses i've found (diagrams) dont match up to my engine- it's a 70 1.7 liter... the air filter is different than others i've seen- it's the little oil bath guy.... damn!
Bruce Allert
Here's one with the oil bath air cleaner.

Pelican Hose Layout

.......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.