Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I've got 95HP and I'm not afraid to use it....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draperjojo
After doing a lot of work on the 914 I thought I'd take a check out ride before I make the run to RRC. I headed up to Brighton ski resort with a Mitsubishi on my tail. I drove it like I stole it. He'd start to make up distance on the long uphill pulls but would lose it and more when we hit the curves. The teener ran flawlessly. Wow was I impressed!! I missed hitting the indecisive squirrel and that was good, even the bugs I hit were the correct Saturn Yellow!!!! It was a good afternoon.
StratPlayer
I got a good look at your car when you had it at Ed's getting the fuel lines replaced. Very nice car. Have to caravan our way to the RRC together. smilie_pokal.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(draperjojo @ Aug 16 2006, 03:37 PM) *

even the bugs I hit were the correct Saturn Yellow!!!! It was a good afternoon.

av-943.gif
SLITS
Now, run between Kingman & Oatman and show Vegasracer what a lowly 4 cylinder will do against a 3.0 /6....... thumb3d.gif
draperjojo
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 16 2006, 02:48 PM) *

I got a good look at your car when you had it at Ed's getting the fuel lines replaced. Very nice car. Have to caravan our way to the RRC together. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks, I looked for quite a while and finally found one that I felt was very clean. Its 3 or 4 times the car my first 914 was. I like the caravan idea too..... Now to head downstairs, toss back a cold one and ignite a guitar amp so the neighbors know "Daves home". beer3.gif aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
Freak... dry.gif
draperjojo
If you and Stratplayer wanna swing by, I've got enough guitar amps for all of us, and that cold one I just had was a HOME BREW!!!!!! Hop Head Red which is around 7%............ beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Hop Head Red which is around 7%............

Jim, you wanna report him or should I? confused24.gif
StratPlayer
Nope,,, as long as I get some of that brew,, can't get little kings anymore in evanston, told they weren't making them anymore. sad.gif
draperjojo
This is just a sting operation so I can report you two to the appropriate bishops.... beer.gif
draperjojo
BTW, As hot as it was yesterday, and as hard as I was running the 914 all the way up to Brighton, the Head temp never made it to the red zone. In fact I was probably 2 needle widths away from the red zone. I made a milk run later with the 914 and the 11 year old was giggling as we swept through the curves. Safely and under the speed limit of course. thumb3d.gif
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.