Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I would like my next 914 to have nice 17" or 18" turbo twist rims along with my flares.
I will be looking at adding spacers to my hubs and was wondering how wide can I or should I go??
Tx
SirAndy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 16 2006, 06:23 PM) *

I would like my next 914 to have nice 17" or 18" turbo twist rims along with my flares.
I will be looking at adding spacers to my hubs and was wondering how wide can I or should I go??
Tx

you're asking the wrong question ... because it all depends on the offset of your wheels. if you don't know that, there's no answer to your question ...

figure out which wheel you like, get the offset, then see if you can get studs and spacers wide enough. the longest studs are 100mm which leaves you with about 7cm of possible spacer width. unless you use bolt-ons ...

either way, you gotta figure out what wheels first ...

standard rear GT flare allows for a 9" wide wheel, front for a 8" wide wheel ...
smile.gif Andy
tracks914
OK I wasn't going to say this but there are some on evilbay right now for a good price (as it stands, but that could and probably will change in the last 15 seconds)
@ .935" with studs, I thought they could be used either front or back????
The .900" are the type that uses longer studs and I think I want to stay away from those at that width.
I think the smaller ones could both be turned down to the same thickness to be used somewhere???
The 1.750" I don't know if they could be used on a flared 914 or not???
Andyrew
The twist rims need anywhere from 1in to 2.5in of offset to sit in correctly..

You need to figure out wheel and offset like andy said..

I wouldnt go over 3in of spacers.
tracks914
A buddy of mine has his spacers stacked on his 911. Is this acceptable? I didn't like the look of it.
tracks914
I was looking to put something like these on my car.
Turbo Twist Aftermarket
Anyone ever bought them? 100 sets and the price looks great!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Aug 16 2006, 06:56 PM) *

A buddy of mine has his spacers stacked on his 911. Is this acceptable? I didn't like the look of it.

i've got 'em stacked ... doesn't matter as they get torqued (sp?) down with the wheels. i've got 100mm studs front and rear and various spacers (in combination) for my different wheels (street/track) ...

no problem with stacking ....
smile.gif Andy
tracks914
Any one buy from these suppliers?
[url=Porsche wheels]http://www.wheels-and-rims.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/car-wheels.html?wheel_id=33&sid=8LpJDk1V2AGx5DX-31106511596.8d[/url]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.