Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 33yo silver 914, seeking fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jenny
Hi, I'm a 33 year old silver 914 in search of my perfect fuel pump. You do not have to be brand new. Actually, I prefer a previously owned one (lower maintenance $ than a new one, usually) that works. I'm tired of my current dead-beat pump that doesn't always work (rather, it prefers to sit and do nothing), and has a tendency to leave me stranded on the side of the road. I have been known to indulge in a quart or two of good Swepco, enjoy spirited drives through the mountains, and I love bubble baths finished off with a nice coat of carnuba wax.

I can drive to you, but would prefer a pump that is local to the SF bay area.

I've attached a picture of what I look like. It's from a couple years ago, and there might be a little more sag now, but you get the idea.

I look forward to hearing from you wub.gif
Dave_Darling
Just about any modern FI pump will provide enough pressure and flow for you, baby. You might try cruising your local FLAPS (yeah, it's a pick-up joint I know) to see what's on offer there...

You may have to do somehing creative to make it fit correctly wink.gif wink.gif but I think it might work out in the long term.

--DD
Crazyhippy
I think i have mine sitting around. It's from a 70 1.7 and you are welcome to it for free.

Just be sure to tell Brian that BJ says hi.

BJH
Jenny
Will it work on a 73 2.0? If so, where did the witness relocation program place you? Can I pick it up, or does it need to be shipped to me?

Thanks!!!!!

Jen
Crazyhippy
I'm about 1 mile from Brian's parents... at the bottom of the hill. I'll ship it, no problem.

BJH
mightyohm
Jenny, I have an extra early style pump (three hoses) in case you can't find one.
East coaster
I have a '74 stock pump w/ 42K miles on it. If you need it, it's yours. Let me know and I'll ship it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.