Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anybody fit 7R (911R) wheels to a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenikh
Does anyone know if these wheels will fit an unflared 914? Here's a pic for reference:

IPB Image

Real ones ar BIIIIIIG money, but you can have deep sixes and 5.5" wheels widened to the same width and offset. I have a set of deep sixes lying around and was consdiering having this done.
Cap'n Krusty
I've done it on one car, a real 6 (cost being a factor weighing heavily against a repeat performance) and we had to baseball bat the rear fenders. They fit fine with the tires you could get then (1984). He still has them on the car, and I'm sure the old Yoke A001s are gone. I dunno what size tires will work. The Cap'n
kenikh
Damn, I search for the answer on the site with no luck and 10 posts down after I submit this one, I see my answer. chair.gif
brant
I haven't personally tried it.
but yes its done on teeners and should work on nearly all cars.

914's tend to vary a tiny bit from chassis to chassis so there would be no guarantee unless you checked your chassis.

brant
Eric_Shea
Yes... there's an excellent Signal Orange 2.7 -6 that Tom has. You can see pictures of it here by searching the old Midwest Classic threads.
Bleyseng
You can also run the 7" cookies with a bit of fender massage. biggrin.gif

They are waay cheaper and look gud.
kenikh
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 17 2006, 03:00 PM) *

You can also run the 7" cookies with a bit of fender massage. biggrin.gif

They are waay cheaper and look gud.

Cast wheels? NEVER! wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Tom's -6
Eric_Shea
Cast wheels? NEVER!

Big thing with a lot of the HSR crowd. If they can't break them...

I just don't like the looks compared to a std Fuch.
kenikh
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 17 2006, 03:11 PM) *

Tom's -6

SICK. Need more pics.
kenikh
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 17 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Cast wheels? NEVER!

Big thing with a lot of the HSR crowd. If they can't break them...

I just don't like the looks compared to a std Fuch.

It's about weight and esthetics. Fuchs are way lighter.
J P Stein
7 X 15 Fuch 11 lbs
7 X 15 Cookie 12 lbs....cheep, light, pretty strong.... but ugly

These are bathroom scale weights.
Dave_Darling
I rode in a 74 Six conversion that had four 911R wheels under it. The guy couldn't fit tires wider than 195s on them under stock fenders, and he tire guys absolutely hated him for making them stretch 195s over 7" wide rims.

This was quite a few years ago, now....

--DD
Racer
I tried it on my converted 4. Needed to roll the lips though so I went back to my 6's with 205s. That was more tire than my little motor could push anyway wink.gif
kdfoust
Who does the wheel widening?

kenikh
Harvey Weidman out of Oroville, CA. He's the best.
RickS
Kenik - I met your darling wife at Treffen and I am so going to tell her what you are up to. Shame on you! (Unless you are getting it for her w00t.gif )
kenikh
QUOTE(RickS @ Aug 17 2006, 09:50 PM) *

Kenik - I met your darling wife at Treffen and I am so going to tell her what you are up to. Shame on you! (Unless you are getting it for her w00t.gif )

I knew you'd find me here! I try to lurk, but can't keep quiet! biggrin.gif FWIW, I think Brooke is going to beat me to 914-6 ownership...sssssssshhhhh!
Mueller
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 17 2006, 05:25 PM) *

I rode in a 74 Six conversion that had four 911R wheels under it. The guy couldn't fit tires wider than 195s on them under stock fenders, and he tire guys absolutely hated him for making them stretch 195s over 7" wide rims.

This was quite a few years ago, now....

--DD

205s on my 7" rims (35mm effective offset, using 12mm spacer, I could remove the spacer to get back to the 47mm offset which should mimic the "R" rim pretty darn close)

I seriously doubt you'd get a 225 under there with bone stock fenders, it's really, really close on my car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.