Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tell me what the pipe if for on a 76 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Pic may not be too clear, but the silver metal tube at the bottom, what is its purpose?
brp914
it doesn't look oem - my '76 doesn't have it. looks like a hack job. the egr valve and associated plumbing to air cleaner is missing and the air pump is gone.
Porsche Rescue
Car was sold new in Texas, if that makes any difference.
maf914
Could that be the smog air pump piping? Does it connect to threaded tubes (air injection nozzels into the head exhaust ports) adjacent to the intake manifold on the heads? It's been so long since my car had the air pump system that I forget what it actually looks like.
Porsche Rescue
I now think it is plumbing for the air pump which is no longer on the car. For now I only have the picture. I bought the car and it is being shipped to me. I guess it is a bypass of some sort. Hope it will pass smog in Oregon or I will be looking for a pump and other necessary parts.
Mueller
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Aug 18 2006, 12:27 PM) *

I now think it is plumbing for the air pump which is no longer on the car. For now I only have the picture. I bought the car and it is being shipped to me. I guess it is a bypass of some sort. Hope it will pass smog in Oregon or I will be looking for a pump and other necessary parts.

I have a smog pump for you if you need one.....looks brand new....free, just pay shipping
Porsche Rescue
Thanks Mike. I will be in touch when I get the car and go through the smog check here. It will probably be at least a month. The shipper I am using is slow but cheap!
boxstr
After looking at a 75 and a 76 914 that I have for sale at CAMP 914 Both withthe smog equipment still intact. I would say that it is for the smog pump.
Craig
Bruce Allert
Jim... WTF.gif

I had to ask dead horse.gif

Jes' kain't leave'm it alone, kin'ya? laugh.gif

......b
Porsche Rescue
I lasted 3 weeks already! Problem is the damn computer keeps finding 'em. When I see one-owner, low miles I get real excited. Now where to store it? Got about a month to figure that out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.