Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto-x numbers and class letters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
So as I said above I am a CSOB, but I have the auto-x bug bad right now. Seeing the price on Solotimes web site and knowing what my numbers are I set out to make my own. I did it for about 5 a number, on magnets 11" tall, and 4.5" tall class letters.

Here is what I did, first a Home Depot trip, pick up these.

Yep those are a 3 pack of magnetic vent covers. I tossed a couple on the jetta today and ran 175 miles at 70 - 100 mph, they did not even move. Good enough for me.
914forme
Next you need to find a font you like and print them off in the size you need, cut them out, glue them to the magnetic sheets. I used the scrap to get the angle correct. Made it a lot easier and better quality.
914forme
Now to make them water proof and UV coated. Clear shelf paper, with no acid adhesive, $3.25 for a 25 foot roll at WalliWorld! cut and trim off the excess.
914forme
Press the shelf paper down really well, and then you are done, repaet for the other numbers and class letters.

I have 2 - 9's; 2 - 4's; 2 - 1's ( for two driver situations) and my two sets of class letters. TTE for my MVSCC events and P02 for my Porsche Club events.

Will add a post with pictures of them done and placed on the car.
Trekkor
How much are those mag sheets?

Pretty cool.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.