Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge faces & Tach calabration sources
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Ok, I have a couple of questions about gauges. Anyone ever install an aftermarket Tach in the factory hole in there 914 dash? If so what size did you use? I need a tach calabrated for 8 cylinders. I either need to send mine out or find a suitable replacement like a Moroso or something. Also How about replacement gauge faces. Anyone have a link to a source for colored faces?
campbellcj
A lot of guys seem to use Autometer gauges. Jegs sells the whole range, I think. For VDO faces and recalibration, Palo Alto Speedometer and North Hollywood Speedometer are the two "gold standards". I have used PA Speedo for a few gauge resto jobs, and their work was fantastic (although not cheap).
rick 918-S
Thanks, What's not cheap?
campbellcj
Best thing would be to call those shops. From what I recall, they charge >$100 to full restore (fix/paint/etc) a speedo or tach, i.e. if the odo is broken or whatever. But the stuff I had done at PA literally looked new when it came back. Even if I had the parts and materials, and a few spare hours, no way in hell I could do that quality of work myself. YMMV of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.