Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 model cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
robby750
I have been looking forever for a blue metallic diecast 914. Forgot to place my bid in time and missed one on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. That was the first one I'd seen for more than a year. In checking the Revell website, I discovered that they are issuing a blue and a yellow metal diecast in 1:18 scale on Nov.11. I went to the local Hobbytown and placed my order today. The detail looks very good on the Revells. So if you're looking for one, see you Revell dealer.
Mueller
I cannot find it on thier website....I cannot believe they don't have a "real" search feature sad.gif
robby750
Click on the new releases and then type 914 in the search box.
robby750
My Webpage Try here
Mueller
I found it, you "forgot" to mention that it's the German site, not the US one smile.gif smilie_flagge6.gif
robby750
Shit, didn't work as planned. That's German. Click English, then products, Metal diecast, then 1:18 scale, then New releases, then search below for 914. I can't believe I found it!
Mueller
How sad, the German site is way better than the US site...f'n americans cannot do anything right smile.gif
GWN7
It comes in Blue and the fast colour smile.gif Revell 914's

(this should make it easier)

The US site is barf.gif
Mueller
I'm heading to HobbyTown in Newark tommorow, how many should I buy?? smile.gif

Part numbers?:

08975 Blue
08976 Yellow
Demick
This is very cool. How much do they run?

It would be nice if Revell would re-issue the 914 plastic model kit that they had years ago.

Demick
robby750
The dealer told me they are usually around $30.00.
TheCabinetmaker
We all will want to order a few(hunderd). Will a mass influx of orders increase their production or slow it down?
Aaron Cox
ill go pick one up!
Charles Deutsch
Approximately, what will its dimensions be in inches?
Aaron Cox
measure your car- and its 1/18th scale! laugh.gif
GWN7
Ordered mine. Dealer said if release date is early November they should be here by the end of November.
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 22 2003, 04:49 PM)
measure your car- and its 1/18th scale! laugh.gif

I'm impressed!
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 22 2003, 04:50 PM)
Ordered mine. Dealer said if release date is early November they should be here by the end of November.

Did you order online or by phone?
GWN7
I went down to the local hobby shop (about 5 min from me) and asked him to order a blue & a fast one (yellow).

He asked where I got the info on the car. Told him off the Revell German web site and the realise date was early November. He said he would place the order with the Canadian distributor tomorrow and that they usually arive 3-4 weeks after the realise date.

Left my name & phone number, asked him to call me after he talked to the distributor, if there was any problems.
Charles Deutsch
Thanks. Just by looking at the picture of the Revell model it looks like it's more detailed than the others I've seen.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Charles Deutsch @ Oct 22 2003, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 22 2003, 04:49 PM)
measure your car- and its 1/18th scale!  :lol:

I'm impressed!

you should be:
I dun been ejumacated at rednek tech!

chill out, take a joke wink.gif
URY914
I'm going to buy one and cut the roof off. laugh.gif

Paul
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 22 2003, 07:51 PM)
I'm going to buy one and cut the roof off. laugh.gif

Paul

ROFLMAO lol3.gif
GWN7
Where do you get the tiny sawsall? smile.gif
URY914
Coping saw. cool_shades.gif

Paul
dsmeyer
Here is a link to an online 914 Model Source...
IPB ImageIPB Image
For 914 Models
I get a lot of models from this guy.
He has had these 914s on order for a long time, some of you may what to call him and get on his list.
URY914
Who will be the first to add GT flares and Fuchs from a 911 model? cool_shades.gif

Paul
boxstr
If someone is actually going to purchase a few for those of use who ar eunable to tdo so, I will take a blue and yellow. One each. Let me know where to send $$
Thanks.
CCLINREVELLAND
rhodyguy
my cousins wife picked up a bunch of plastic models at a garage sale for her son. 2 914's (revels) still on the trees, like new boxes. told him "i own one of those you know", "you do huh?", "do you want to sell me one?", "no". next time i was over, "still got the porsche models". "no i blew them up with firecrackers".

kevin sad.gif
maf914
Hey, those 1/18 diecast 914's are cool. I have avoided buying 1/18 cars even though there are a lot of nice looking racing cars available, but I think I may have to get a 914 or two!

By the way, the old Revell 1/24 plastic 914 models were really not very good kits. The bodies were not true and the moldings not that accurate. Typical quality for Revell at the time. Too bad Tamiya or Fujimi didn't offer a 914. Fujimi offers a good selection of old 356 and 911 models and Tamiya is probably the best at new cars.

Mike
jnp914
And if anyone has a way of contacting someone in Revell of Germany, what is the minimum production run of a custom color, say.....bile green?
nein14
Any chance of them producing a GT version?
Ferg
Paul, you don't need to cut the roof of, look at this one ohmy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5&category=1190
URY914
Thanks Ferg,

I know those are out there. Thier pretty rare now.

Paul
jnp914
THAT's what I want in 1/18!
djm914-6
I'll be ordering a few tonight. One left stock (yellow), a few to repaint, and another to do a /6 conversion.

I just got a donor car in the mail (964 Targa). I wanted it as a daily driver, but it looks like it may have been in an accident ot two. The front camber is shot and the body is a little rougher than the pics had shown. Guess I should have paid for a PPI. Anyway, I have a nice 3.6L and Turbo rims waiting for a new home. I wonder how hard it will be to roll, pull and hammer the fenders. mueba.gif
djm914-6
Oh, here's another idea for the mentally demented. HPI makes a nice RC car in 1/18th scale. I wonder if a diecast body would fit... huh.gif
madd_dogg_914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Oct 22 2003, 05:53 PM)
Who will be the first to add GT flares and Fuchs from a 911 model? cool_shades.gif

Paul

I am already looking for a 911 model with polished 16" Fuchs so I can transplant them. smile.gif It will almost look exactly like my car. Euro lenses, blue, chrome bumpers, sail panel vinyl.

IPB Image
IPB Image

See the similarities!

-Chris
jnp914
It looks like both the blue and yellow cars have the Porsche hood crest.

Has anyone actually seen one of these to verify?
Hawk
Is there a good way to order these models? My local Hobbytown is clueless and customer unfriendly. Anyone?
icon14.gif
dsmeyer
QUOTE(Hawk @ Oct 28 2003, 09:05 PM)
Is there a good way to order these models?  My local Hobbytown is clueless and customer unfriendly.  Anyone?
icon14.gif

Here is a link to an online 914 Model Source...For 914 Models
IPB ImageIPB Image

I get a lot of models from this guy.
He has had these 914s on order for a long time, some of you may what to call him and get on his list.
STL914
Don,

The owner of Designs in Motion is Greg White, a member of the St. Louis PCA. I stopped at his shop several weeks ago and was very impressed with his in house stock of Porsches model cars,both street and full race cars. I picked up an Autoart red 914. Very nice detail to this model.

I placed my order for a yellow 1:8 scale, with a quoted price of $40.
Not a bad price considering I paid $31 for the 1:43 scale car.
dsmeyer
QUOTE(STL914 @ Oct 28 2003, 10:25 PM)
Don,

The owner of Designs in Motion is Greg White, a member of the St. Louis PCA. I stopped at his shop several weeks ago and was  very impressed with his in house stock of Porsches model cars,both street and full race cars. I picked up an Autoart red 914. Very nice detail to this model.

I placed my order for a yellow 1:8 scale, with a quoted price of $40.
Not a bad price considering I paid $31 for the 1:43 scale car.

I met Greg about 7 years ago at Road America. He would travel to PCA club races to sell models.
I've never been to his store, but I have over 100 1/18 scale model cars and most of them came from him.

BTW, Isn't that Red 1/43 914 made by Minichamps?
I have an Orange one and a Black one in 1/43rd.
GWN7
FYI....on the 22nd I sent Revell a email explaining about this club...how many members and asked them what it would take (numbers & $$ value) to reproduce the plastic models they did a few years ago with a 914world.com logo or just the same one's they did before.

To date (a week later) no responce......
jnp914
Check out Greg's web site at www.designsinm.com. You can also get on a distribution list for a newletter of upcoming and newly delivered models, usually tailored to your interests (race cars, Mopar muscle, Porsche, 1:43 only, etc).

Last week I picked up a killer Brumos 935, and the fantastic Gurney Eagle (Spa winner) is waiting for me now.
robby750
Looks like Revell has now changed the release date to December. mad.gif Now my Christmas will probably be ruined!
Mueller
Our local HobbyTown will not take an order until the kit is officially released to the public sad.gif

I was told that they'll knock off 10% if I purchase 10 models or more. Anyone know what the retail price should be?
GWN7
I was told about $30 US
Aaron Cox
AA seems to have a different variety

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2443057748

wavey.gif
STL914
That 914 that AA is selling is made by AutoArt. I bought a red one from Designs in Motion several weeks ago for $31.00!!

What a rip off this is at $39.00, not to mention his buy it now price.

Buyer Beware!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.